GM Supplier pricing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yahtzee

Reaction score
I just found out that I have access to GM supplier pricing. Does this change the process for the dealer at all as it relates to deal negotiations? Before this pricing, I have invoice pricing, buy rate on the money factor and all fees waived except the processing fee. How much better is supplier pricing?

malba2366

Reaction score
I think it is a fixed price. I have never used such a program on GM products but have for BMW and Subaru and it was a fixed price that ws not subject to further negotiations.

ctrapp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Supplier Pricing

Supplier pricing is one prices + taxes. Dealership shouldn't be charging anything else.

You should be able to get any other incentive on top of it. So, no, you don't negotiate.

You can ask a dealer to print out the MSRP and Invoice sheet (Order sheet). There is supplier pricing listed and you can see how it compares to invoice.

crowdedstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, supplier pricing is a fixed, no haggle price, however the discount isn't all that great. If you read up here on what the vehicles are going for, you'll get a far better deal than just going by straight supplier pricing.

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
Yes, supplier pricing is a fixed, no haggle price, however the discount isn't all that great. If you read up here on what the vehicles are going for, you'll get a far better deal than just going by straight supplier pricing.

That's what I am after...I worked a deal to invoice pricing and using buy rate for the money factor in a lease but that's the best I've been able to do. Supplier pricing seems better than invoice pricing....Wish I had a GM employee in the family.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to be able to pull GM employee pricing. In those days I was far less schooled in the art/fraud of dealer negotiations than I am now, so perhaps I was being taken. But I was told by 2 separate dealers on 2 separate vehicle deals years apart that Employee (not supplier) discount was a flat/non-negotiable $3,000 of MSRP. Yes, MSRP.

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
I used to be able to pull GM employee pricing. In those days I was far less schooled in the art/fraud of dealer negotiations than I am now, so perhaps I was being taken. But I was told by 2 separate dealers on 2 separate vehicle deals years apart that Employee (not supplier) discount was a flat/non-negotiable $3,000 of MSRP. Yes, MSRP.

I just saw a print out today of a 79,710 MSRP that employee pricing dropped to 71k and change....supplier was 73k and change..that's on a 16 as well.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just dug out my papers from my last Yukon I bought new with Employee pricing. It was a 2010 SLT. Unfortunately I don't have the sticker, I just have a piece of paper listing "cash price" and discounts from there. The "cash price" was about $48k. Even if I did have the sticker it is entirely possible they were hustling me and it was $3k less than invoice and they sold me on the fact that it was $3k off MSRP.

ctrapp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Employee pricing is the best pricing a dealership can sell on the cars at any point in time. Pricing is the starting point and each person might be eligible for additional incentives (e.g. USAA, Conquest, etc).

Right now I have a sheet for 2016 Tahoe 4 WD LTZ White, Black interior, Max trailering, sun, entertainment pkg, 20" chrome, head up, all weather mats, roof rack, chrome exhaust tip, adaptive cruise

MSRP 71445
Employee Pricing 64005.97
Supplier Pricing 66614.70

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
I just picked up a 15 Yukon XL for 49,798, the sticker was 57k. This was with employee pricing, plus rebates. I though that 8k of sticker was a good deal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts