GM Repurchased 2nd 2015 Denali--Be Cautious of 2015s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to experiment with other wheel/tire setup but it's hard to believe it's a vibration issue when it clearly feels like a pressure issue. However, I guess it's possible the right sound can produce that type of feeling. I am going to go to hit a few dealers and test drive both suburbans and yukons with different setups.

Last edited:

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to experiment with other wheel/tire setup but it's hard to believe it's a vibration issue when it clearly feels like a pressure issue. However, I guess it's possible the right sound can produce that type of feeling. I am going to go to hit a few dealers and test drive both suburbans and yukons with different setups.
You're probably right. I'm trying to duplicate what you guys are saying and what I am noticing is a vibration when the AFM kicks in which is around 40 mph. The vibration and sound of the cylinder deactivation causes an odd sound and does cause the truck to vibrate ever so slightly.
I was just wondering if you guys that are noticing the issues tried manual mode and if it helped.

If so, an aftermarket tune with AFM deactivation could be a solution!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I know what you're referring to but this seems to be separate at least it seems that way. When I drive in M5 or even "tow mode" the V4 lugging/vibration seems to go away but the buffeting/cabin pressure issue is still there.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is not a tire issue. That is extremely easy to rule out by either changing speed or manually shifting so it forces a shift back into V-8 mode.

mine only does it when in V-4 mode...it's godawful annoying

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious to ride in one of these vehicles with this issue. We picked up a 2016 and not a single issue with ours.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2016 Yukon Denali with the 22" wheel option, along with sunroof, etc. I now have 550 miles on the truck and am not really noticing any 'pressure' issues. The only 'buffeting' type of noise I hear comes from the wing mirrors, normally when at highway speeds; nothing interior. I have driven it in the low 40 mph range extensively after reading this thread, but nothing. I occasionally do hear a slight 'drone' when the truck shifts into V4 mode at those speeds, but again, no perceptible increase in pressure sensations.

Interestingly enough just after my purchase at about 60 miles, I had one episode where my ears 'popped', and I had to swallow to clear them. I was terrified I was going to have the dreaded issues mentioned above, but it was just that one time. My wife has noticed nothing.

I have slight wheel imbalance at around 70 mph and will get that seen to, but so far that's the only issue. Fingers crossed! lol

Bish

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jasondenali15, I know you said you drove a 16 tahoe and it had the same issue, but I wonder if this has been all been corrected with the 2016 models.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he said it have the same issue.[emoji19] [emoji19] [emoji101] [emoji101]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts