GM Repurchased 2nd 2015 Denali--Be Cautious of 2015s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Yukon Denali 2WD no sunroof.

20" wheels w/Continental Crosscontact LX20 tires.

Looking for 22"s!

I might make you a deal for my oem denali 22s if we decide to trade in the yukon. Wheels are 1month old.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might make you a deal for my oem denali 22s if we decide to trade in the yukon. Wheels are 1month old.

Which version/color do you have? PM me pics and price and I'll have a look.

Thank you!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark Hyper silver with chrome inserts. I'm not ready to give up on the buffeting but if we decide to trade it, i'll be pulling the wheels.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark Hyper silver with chrome inserts. I'm not ready to give up on the buffeting but if we decide to trade it, i'll be pulling the wheels.

I really don't want any chrome but if the deal is good enough we might work something out.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There might be some progress with the buffeting issue. Someone reported that their dealer resolved their buffeting issue with their suburban. The dealer completed the roof support TSB and it helped some but did not fix the issue. Dealer then replaced headliner, added additional support to each roof support and also dynamated the sheet (roof) metal. Owner now claims the buffeting is totally gone.

I am meeting with engineer this week to have our XL looked at and plan to inquire about this additional fix.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still convinced the buffetting is mainly induced by the exhaust. The harmonics only occur in V-4 mode

I have hellacious drone in my Challenger at certain RPM's. It makes body panels and interior pieces rattle badly at times. I've experienced similar with other cars after installing a CAI

I want a little bit more sound out of my Tahoe, so I'm curious if the buffeting will still exist with a catback installed? I'm probably going to cut the muffler off and straight pipe her with a the resonator still installed. Easy to just slap back in there if it doesn't work.

Has anyone on here installed an exhaust and also have the buffeting issue?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're correct regarding the V4/V8 drone/buffeting, but I believe there are two different issues. We have the V4 lugging/drone too, but our yukon also has the horrible buffeting sound/feeling at speeds of 40+. I can put truck in "N" and coast and still experience the buffeting which takes the V4 out of the equation. I believe we are talking about two different fixes. I plan on having the updated software done for the V4 and also having the roof issue resolved with the fix mentioned below.

The buffeting issue has been fixed by a dealer. When I say buffeting, I am referring to the sound / pressure feeling like when you have one window down. Supporting all roof bows to sheet metal and then lining the sheet metal with a sound proofing material has cured one case 100%. suburban was unbearable and caused head pressure feeling and owner claims it is completely gone now. If anyone has the roof box TSB done, make sure they attach all of the roof bows and not just the first one. I guess this is why the orig tsb is not fully taking care of the issue. The remaining roof bows near the back also need to be further supported.
I am guessing many do not have the issue where they are all detached and some do. Some may have only one detached while others have all bows detached which tells us why some notice the buffeting more than others.

I even experimented with our XL and loaded the roof with medium weight (multiple pieces of luggage strapped to directly to roof) and the buffeting feeling was much less and the overall sound inside the cabin was different telling me that the roof sheet metal has a lot to do with it. However, there could be other items ,driveline, mounts, ect that play into but I believe the sheet metal is what is making all other issues even worse.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there an actual service bulletin on this yet? Have the started attaching the bows more securely during manufacturing? Are there any GM reps here that can speak to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk