GM doesnt want to help with my dash cracks, any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscgnazzario

Reaction score
Hi guys, I lurk on here quite a bit but dont post much. Recently my dash started cracking in the common known spots and got pretty bad real quick. I, of course am upset about this and thought that since my truck only has 50k miles on it and I have warranty that it might be covered. Well, I was wrong. My GMPP major guard warranty apparently doesnt cover that kind of stuff. So I called GMC. The girl I spoke to was very friendly and said it was a known problem and they should be able to help me. 3 days later a supervisor called me and said there was nothing they could do. My local dealer said that they would pay for the dash if I pay labor. I thought about that until they said they wanted $760 for labor. So now I have a truck with low miles, that I take very good care of and it has 2 big cracks in the dash. I know some people have had this problem fixed without having to pay that kind of money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, with GM it seems to be hit or miss.... :Boo: All bashing aside, some have had a little luck getting theirs fixed at least for a reduced cost, if not for free. You might want to give this thread HERE a read. It is a rather extensive discussion about the dash crack issue. You may be able to get some ideas on what to do next.

Hopefully, you will be able to get it taken care of! Good Luck!! :Handshake:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I have an appointment with the Service Manager at my dealer Thursday for an excessive oil consumption issue. I might bring this up too. I'm hoping he'll help me out, especially because his dealership and department is one of my customers.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the stealership pay for the dash and u put it on. I dont think they might like that but give it a shot. Its really disapointing that GM doesnt fix this issue even though its a known issue.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you're located but Champion Chevrolet in Corpus Christi, Texas replaced mine under warranty. The service manager told me that they replace them so often that they keep them in stock.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I lurk on here quite a bit but dont post much. Recently my dash started cracking in the common known spots and got pretty bad real quick. I, of course am upset about this and thought that since my truck only has 50k miles on it and I have warranty that it might be covered. Well, I was wrong. My GMPP major guard warranty apparently doesnt cover that kind of stuff. So I called GMC. The girl I spoke to was very friendly and said it was a known problem and they should be able to help me. 3 days later a supervisor called me and said there was nothing they could do. My local dealer said that they would pay for the dash if I pay labor. I thought about that until they said they wanted $760 for labor. So now I have a truck with low miles, that I take very good care of and it has 2 big cracks in the dash. I know some people have had this problem fixed without having to pay that kind of money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So if they charge $95/hr (which would be RIDICULOUS in the first place), it would take 8 hours?! Just take it to a different dealer (even if it's a Chevy, they should still do it).

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with the GM Customer Service Rep. She stated that the dashboard crack is covered under the GM Certified warranty. You may want to contact GM CS directly and see if they can help. Good luck!

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm pissed. I have officially joined the club on this dash cracking issue. I noticed today as I was cleaning my dash. This totally SUCKS man. GM WTF

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk