GM Accessories upgraded skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali Brad

Reaction score
Greetings,

I think this part has been covered in a few other threads but thought I would give my initial thoughts and then follow up with installation photos/remarks.

This is the three piece aluminum/steel skid plate offered by GM as an upgrade to the factory plastic piece. It is listed as a front under body shield and can be found here:

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/p...t-under-body-shield-23176881?categoryId=12001

List price is $250.00. I found the part on several different websites and 250.00 was pretty standard across the board +/- a few bucks. I had a $50.00 GM accessories credit and decided to use it towards buying this piece. All in all, while a bit on the pricey side and probably overkill for a vehicle that rarely goes off road, I think it looks nice and is worth the piece of mind that if offers in comparison to the stock plastic piece.

The front plate is comprised of two aluminum pieces. They are 1/8th inch thick. Very stout and appear to be well made.

It comes with a steel rear differential cover as well. I do not have 4WD, so I will not be installing this plate.

The kit does include the hardware. View attachment 215676
View attachment 215676 View attachment 215677

I had hoped to install this today, but will depend on the weather. I'll post photos as soon as installation is complete.
Any interest in selling the differential skid plate?

Brad

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea if this is available in all black from GM or 3rd party?

BrownSunshine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any idea if they sell just the front piece? (GM/Aftermarket)

Our Tahoe is lifted and came with a new differential skid plate but I would like something else for the front section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea if they sell just the front piece? (GM/Aftermarket)

Our Tahoe is lifted and came with a new differential skid plate but I would like something else for the front section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ebay, look up seller rodlouvers
Ask him to make it with no louvers

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these the stock z71 plates?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will fit on a 2019 Escalade?

Do you have to remove any of the parts when changing oil?

What is this one?
https://www.gmpartsclub.com/oem-parts/gm-underbody-splash-shield-23475140?c=bT0xJmw9NSZuPVJlY29tbWVuZGVkIFByb2R1Y3RzJms9MQ==
you are asking 2 different questions, if you mean the previous ones shown in this thread then yes they will fit and no you do not have to remove them to change the oil.
the one you have hyperlinked I believe will only fit with the midnight edition valance but I could be wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01