Getting total confused about my 2007 Tahoe and his Trim Make Model Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hallo my Friends and Prof about the Tahoe.

Today i have an general Question about my Vehicle. I drive my Tahoe now about one year and i was getting him from Denmark. So it is an very nice Car and i had those LTZ Emblem on the Side of the Car.
But what I was seen if i checking my VIN Code that the VIN Code decoder says me i have an LS trim. But this are my Options that i have in my Tahoe

This is my VIN Code 1GNFC13J27J350754

1. Air Ride suspension
2. Electronic 2 way Air Con
3. Sunroof
4. Power Lift-gate
5. Bose System with Flip down roof monitor but without Subwoofer an
6. Full Leather Seats wit memory Lumbo electric Adjustment and 3 Level seat heat
7. Wood Applications
8. 3rd Seat in Front
9. Chrome Handles and Mirror Covers incl Chrome Grill and color painted Bumper
10. Park Sensors
11. Flip Mirror with light Dim and Heat function
12. 20" OEM Wheels
13. Roof carrier
14. heating Wiper Water jet
15. 2 towing in front.
16. trailer hock
17. electronic adjustable Gas Pedal
18. 5.3 Engine Regular Gas without flex Fuel 2WD

So do i have now an LS with an full option package and the pre owner stick only the LTZ Logos on my Vehicle?
Could you helping me out. Because i was always order parts under the LTZ Trim.
But if i have an LS so in future i have to look that i take the Trim with LS to order my parts. Thanks my Friends to clear my open questions.

Thanks Markus from Germany

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's worded like that because they ALL are LS as the base (aside from SSV/PPV). "LTZ" is the upgraded trim level added to that LS base package.

Window stickers on new cars are often written the same way. They'll list the base vehicle options (cloth seats, smaller steel wheels, etc.) then list the upgraded trim with the options that are included with that trim level.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
during USA eastern time mon-fri you can go to the gm website, click on chat, then select "question about a vehicle I already own" then ask the support person to provide you with the "build sheet" they will ask you a couple questions and then email you the build sheet, this will tell you about every option on your truck.

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have an LTZ...you can’t even get an LS with Sunroof or half of the options you have listed

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hallo my Friends and Prof about the Tahoe.

Today i have an general Question about my Vehicle. I drive my Tahoe now about one year and i was getting him from Denmark. So it is an very nice Car and i had those LTZ Emblem on the Side of the Car.
But what I was seen if i checking my VIN Code that the VIN Code decoder says me i have an LS trim. But this are my Options that i have in my Tahoe

This is my VIN Code 1GNFC13J27J350754

1. Air Ride suspension
2. Electronic 2 way Air Con
3. Sunroof
4. Power Lift-gate
5. Bose System with Flip down roof monitor but without Subwoofer an
6. Full Leather Seats wit memory Lumbo electric Adjustment and 3 Level seat heat
7. Wood Applications
8. 3rd Seat in Front
9. Chrome Handles and Mirror Covers incl Chrome Grill and color painted Bumper
10. Park Sensors
11. Flip Mirror with light Dim and Heat function
12. 20" OEM Wheels
13. Roof carrier
14. heating Wiper Water jet
15. 2 towing in front.
16. trailer hock
17. electronic adjustable Gas Pedal
18. 5.3 Engine Regular Gas without flex Fuel 2WD

So do i have now an LS with an full option package and the pre owner stick only the LTZ Logos on my Vehicle?
Could you helping me out. Because i was always order parts under the LTZ Trim.
But if i have an LS so in future i have to look that i take the Trim with LS to order my parts. Thanks my Friends to clear my open questions.

Thanks Markus from Germany

As Chris said, your Tahoe was an LS model with the LTZ option package added. This accounts for the C1 in your VIN. Your non-FlexFuel engine is the LY5 and she was built in Janesville, Wisonconsin in 2007 towards the end of the model year.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hallo mall my Friends.

Thanks so much. It was making me confused because i was understanding that if i decode my Tahoe VIN they show me LS based.
So for my understanding is, that we all have an LS Base and the option package what the first owner was include would then say the
Trim and he Leaf the GM Hall with the LTZ Sticker.

Because as @01FormulaTA says, I have all this options. So i have an LTZ. Thanks for this information to you

Thanks you @swathdiver now I getting also clear what all this letters means. Thanks for

@Doubeleive i will follow your tip tho getting this information and store it with my German paper Work for my Tahoe great Idea.

@iamdub i follow you with your information. Now its clear how all this Trim models based on.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hallo mall my Friends.

Thanks so much. It was making me confused because i was understanding that if i decode my Tahoe VIN they show me LS based.
So for my understanding is, that we all have an LS Base and the option package what the first owner was include would then say the
Trim and he Leaf the GM Hall with the LTZ Sticker.

Because as @01FormulaTA says, I have all this options. So i have an LTZ. Thanks for this information to you

Thanks you @swathdiver now I getting also clear what all this letters means. Thanks for

@Doubeleive i will follow your tip tho getting this information and store it with my German paper Work for my Tahoe great Idea.

@iamdub i follow you with your information. Now its clear how all this Trim models based on.
I have seen dealers advertise base lt(meaning the only option it has is the center console) as LT2/LT3 models with z71 package..HY1(08-13) even fake LTZ badges that were for sale on CL that had cloth seats and no options..

gotta be careful because the LTZ sell for 2-4k more depending on the options i.e 4x4

and a HY1 will sell for 2-4k less

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts