GeorgeB’s 2013 Suburban LTZ “Fin”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Did they fix the exhaust manifold bolt breaking issue by 2013? Or is mine susceptible to it as well?
No they didn’t fix that at least through the NNBS platform. Not sure after that but it takes a few years for them to break.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Finally got some snow here and I had a chance to go test out my Cooper tires. They are the Discover AT3 4S in 285/45-R22. We have a nice layer of snow that is packing well. The tires do really well for how wide they are and the traction control does it's job pretty well.

In 2WD
They don't like to get the truck moving but turning and stopping is as expected as long as you know what your doing. Turning off the TC and STABIL made for some pretty sick doughnuts.

In 4WD
The truck drove great. It accelerated, turned and stopped well. In all the tires performed just as expected according to the reviews on Tirerack.

I was used to driving on Goodyear Duratrac tires and these don't perform as well as them but they fit the bill for me. If I wanted any better I would need to run some dedicated winter tires.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Since my front axle repair I received one DTC for a slow response from the B1S1 O2 sensor. I have a pair of them on the bench to throw in tomorrow. Tonight I noted a slight exhaust smell so I hooked up the Tech2 to take a look. Nothing looked too off. -3 LTFT on bank 1 and -5 LTFT on bank 2 at idle. My graph of the O2 sensors looks a little lazy.
Gonna swap those sensors out tomorrow and see what happens. 88K on them as of the other day.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver
I saw you chased some screwy trims back in 2018. The thread died. Whatever was the conclusion?
They are still screwy. BlackBear said to check my alcohol content and reset it and he was right, it keeps getting off track whether on Ethanol or Gasoline. I changed out one O2 sensor a long while ago and need to do the other now that I'm able. I'm still thinking the culprit to be leaky intake gaskets, every once in a while we put the torque wrench on the bolts and a few of them tighten up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645