GeorgeB’s 2013 Suburban LTZ “Fin”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
His is the older model without the speaker so don't look too far into it. I'm sure they added those ribs when they added the speaker and thought they should probably add those to the older style for the revised part
Makes sense. I was happy to find the info James shared about the material change.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would make me feel sick…

In fact I still don’t have much confidence in it.
Ah, we live and learn. We’ll see how long they hold up. Positive note, you now know you can replace it so not all is lost if you have to do it twice;)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His is the older model without the speaker so don't look too far into it. I'm sure they added those ribs when they added the speaker and thought they should probably add those to the older style for the revised part
It's not older, it's just optioned differently. Someone said to not tighten a bracket bolt under the airbag all the way to keep that corner crack at the airbag from starting. Was it Wes or Chris? Then of course, keep the heat off it, use a dash cover of some kind. This has worked for me down here in Florida where she sits outside in the sun all day for 5 years so far and has not cracked yet and the truck is 13 years old now. Julia delayed getting the cover for the Sierra and her dash cracked at the airbag.

Last edited: