Gear codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielfa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
unless your towing near capacity often i wouldnt bother, the expence would be greater than the benefit in most cases. unless your looking for better gears for more power (also lower milage) then i would just leave it.

one tire size like that really dont have too huge an effect. i have done that exact size swap on a couple trucks and only when pulling a trailer at or a little over capacity with my 5.3 for 150 miles did i notice the difference, and being i have made that exact trip with other loads it wasnt that noticeable.

you may however find greater issue getting them to fit without trimming on that bodystyle.

thanks so much for the reply! I do not plan on towing at all (the truck had a tow-package when I bought it 1996, but I've never used it).

With 33" tires I thought I might need to do a little trimming of the plastic attached at the bottom of the front bumper, but I'm not sure? Do you have any experience with this particular vehicle in this regard?

My goal is to increase off road trail capability & safety in diverse terrain, and am thinking A/T or Hybrid 33" would provide increased traction from the LT265/75/16.

This is all very new to me as I'm just now getting the itch to explore with the truck that has only had city driving as long as I've owned it...time to hit some dirt and do some camping :)

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks so much for the reply! I do not plan on towing at all (the truck had a tow-package when I bought it 1996, but I've never used it).

With 33" tires I thought I might need to do a little trimming of the plastic attached at the bottom of the front bumper, but I'm not sure? Do you have any experience with this particular vehicle in this regard?

My goal is to increase off road trail capability & safety in diverse terrain, and am thinking A/T or Hybrid 33" would provide increased traction from the LT265/75/16.

This is all very new to me as I'm just now getting the itch to explore with the truck that has only had city driving as long as I've owned it...time to hit some dirt and do some camping :)

you should go ahead and start a new thread for yourself to say hi, include what you have and want to do. pictures are always a plus, i am sure you would get additional help also (can go into more details and examples without cluttering up another thread this way also. )

danielfa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you should go ahead and start a new thread for yourself to say hi, include what you have and want to do. pictures are always a plus, i am sure you would get additional help also (can go into more details and examples without cluttering up another thread this way also. )
Got it! Thanks for the direction...I'm very new here, so it's great to be shown the ropes on how best to use the forum :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3