Gear codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masterblaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need help !!!!
2000 tahoe ls 2WD GT4 acording to dealer Ratio 3.73. Spider gears are distroyed. Want to buy this kit at auto zone does it fit???uploadfromtaptalk1423812968349.jpg

masterblaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A tooth came off from one of the gears and bounsed inside and everything went to crap!

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Do you have knowledge of rear end gears??
If u google "auto zone part number 39028" it comes upwil it fit ???? 100%??

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a trick question? It says on the site it fits. Go to a local store and get it, if it is wrong, they can replace it with the correct parts.

Are the spider gears all that is damaged??

airforrest

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96' GMC Yukon 4x4 that may need a new front Differential soon. I have the GU6 Code in my Glovebox that says I have a 3.42 Ratio rear Axle. But it doesnt give a Code for the Front Axle, they should both be the same Ratio .........correct??

faith pounds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe LS. Tires are 265/70/16. The sticker says i have a gt4 with a gear ratio of 3.73 . I was told when it was given to me it had a tow package. First, how can i check to see if it does have tow package and second, if it does do i need a higher gear ratio?

faith pounds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96' GMC Yukon 4x4 that may need a new front Differential soon. I have the GU6 Code in my Glovebox that says I have a 3.42 Ratio rear Axle. But it doesnt give a Code for the Front Axle, they should both be the same Ratio .........correct??

faith pounds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I just had the same question and was told definitely. My brother didnt and it tore up his transfer case!