Gas Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at the specs for the 2021 GMC Yukon Denali XL and I saw the gas tank size is now 28 gallons down from 31

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one of the biggest negatives on these large SUV's. With dismal gas mileage on the 6.2, the least they could do is give you 30 gal+ for some range.
One of the reasons I think I'm going to go DuraMax.... I want 5-600 miles per tank...

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The standard size Tahoe dropped from 26-24. I was wondering why I was getting far less total miles out of the tank, but my 2016 6.2 Yukon definitely had better MPG.

Last edited:

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
Yes, I feel like I'm filling up much more often. I'd also like to see my mixed driving get closer to 18mpg. I'm having trouble cracking 16mpg on my Yukon AT4. Hopefully, that will improve with break-in.

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one of the biggest negatives on these large SUV's. With dismal gas mileage on the 6.2, the least they could do is give you 30 gal+ for some range.
One of the reasons I think I'm going to go DuraMax.... I want 5-600 miles per tank...

I get 22-24 on my trips with my 2018 Yukon Denali XL at 65-70MPH

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at the specs for the 2021 GMC Yukon Denali XL and I saw the gas tank size is now 28 gallons down from 31
I ran my fuel gauge down to where it was no longer moving. The range said low and the most I could pump in the tank was 22 gallons.

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was disappointed to see the gas tank shrink also. Love the big tank on my '15 Burb. Still trying to learn the sweet spot on speed/gearing with the 10 speed for my most commonly driven routes. So far, in very limited use, I think I'll be close to the same mpg on the '15 suburban. Which would be a real win given the AT4 tire sizes and aero penalties. I can only assume tank size was a victim of the rear suspension re-design and placing a high value on lowering the cargo floor etc.