Gas tank Protection gas theft prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Known surveillance cameras, good lighting where the vehicle is parked and dogs are a great deterrence. Most homes on my block are dark at night and they are the ones that have had their vehicles burglarized. And even after suffering loss, they'd still rather save on their utility bill than protect the $100K worth of cars sitting in their driveway.

I keep my house lit up.
Neighbors do not.

I always hear about kids going through their cards.
Me = kids stay off of my property.
(+ I'm the crazy old man that fly's a black beard flag at his house and carries large pews :cool:).
1646954628508.png

I have cameras
And then I added some infrared spotlights to increase the range of those cameras at night.

One day soon, I want to add some more IR goodies, mostly something that would flag anyone crossing my property line.
been playing with the idea already, but it would help set some very clear alarms that would tell me to check the cameras.
And still allowing me to keep my cameras super sensitive.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I keep my house lit up.
Neighbors do not.

I always hear about kids going through their cards.
Me = kids stay off of my property.
(+ I'm the crazy old man that fly's a black beard flag at his house and carries large pews :cool:).
View attachment 365364

I have cameras
And then I added some infrared spotlights to increase the range of those cameras at night.

One day soon, I want to add some more IR goodies, mostly something that would flag anyone crossing my property line.
been playing with the idea already, but it would help set some very clear alarms that would tell me to check the cameras.
And still allowing me to keep my cameras super sensitive.
Need some trip wires!

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are stealing your whole fuel tanks out hereI had an wrecked envoy that had been sitting for two years and I went to start it and the whole tank is gone. I won't let them get any more parts. Ill probably junk it now. If they want more parts they'll have to pay now lol

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised people are actually doing that, for what, $80 t0 $100 of gas.

Around here there is a rash of car jackings and thefts by minors who don't get prosecuted. Unfortunately our laws are based on "but he's a good kid" mentality and the powers that be seem to focus on counseling and social programs rather than prosecution.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised people are actually doing that, for what, $80 t0 $100 of gas.

Around here there is a rash of car jackings and thefts by minors who don't get prosecuted. Unfortunately our laws are based on "but he's a good kid" mentality and the powers that be seem to focus on counseling and social programs rather than prosecution.
You must live in Milwaukee......

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I see a strange vehicle on our dead end street I put on the spot light and let the dogs out to raise hell. Cars don't stick around when they hear the barking. Even during the day I make it a point to let everyone know that dogs live here.
A retired trooper told me that was one of the best alarms/defenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14