Gas tank Protection gas theft prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are some suggestions for gas tank protection?? to prevent gas theft?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some plate steel and a welder
i was thinking a dummy liner with gas mixed with sodium silicate in a bladder this way when it's used it will cook the engine causing a very expensive lesson for the thief

6 parts gas to 1 part sodium silicate this way the gas will combust and damage the engine will be catastrophic.... the scoring on the cylinder walls would be epic...

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it's more about keeping someone from putting crap in the tank.

Last time fuel prices got this high, some fool got busted for putting stuff like sugar in peoples fuel tanks.

Having my vehicle messed with before, i do like locking gas caps.

Not that they are very secure, they do offer some protection.

Now if i could get one of those that i could re-pin my self.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mean honestly if someone wants the fuel, it isnt hard to get. break the cap, hit it with a hammer, grab a pan or two and drill a hole in the tank. otherwise the rest is just keeping honest people honest and petty sabotage.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Known surveillance cameras, good lighting where the vehicle is parked and dogs are a great deterrence. Most homes on my block are dark at night and they are the ones that have had their vehicles burglarized. And even after suffering loss, they'd still rather save on their utility bill than protect the $100K worth of cars sitting in their driveway.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking a dummy liner with gas mixed with sodium silicate in a bladder this way when it's used it will cook the engine causing a very expensive lesson for the thief

6 parts gas to 1 part sodium silicate this way the gas will combust and damage the engine will be catastrophic.... the scoring on the cylinder walls would be epic...
Why go through all that trouble?