Gas pedal engine stall :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DigitalxHustla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My names Gilbert and this is my first post on this forum. I currently own a 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid with about 95K miles. I bought it used from a dealership up in Houston, TX with about 60K miles. Great SUV. We immediately fell in love with it. Fully loaded. We bought it for the wife and kids. It ran great for about a year or so and suddenly started giving us some stall issues when pressing the gas pedal. My wife would complain about it and sure enough everytime I drove it .. it never happened. Well I used it for about a week to see what was up. Sure enough it was doing it to me to. Stop at a stop light. Engine cuts off. Wait a couple minutes. Light turns green. Press gas and feels like it doesn't respond to the gas pedal pressed. Or sometimes it takes off very little and hesitates. I press gas a lot then I shoot out into intersection when it catches. Then suddenly I could feel the RPMs jumping at a stop and once the engine started reving into high RPM while stopped at a light. Took it to my mechanic. Ended up being throttle body issue. Replaced TB and had a friend from dealer go by to program it. Fixed reving issue. Ran smooth for about 2 weeks then the stalling came back. The thing is, it stalls a couple times a day and then doesn't do it for another day or two. It's random. Finally gave in and took it to dealer. They plugged it into computer and it showed that the TB was not programmed correctly. They did that for me. They cleaned fuel system and injectors. Picked it up and seemed to be working fine for about 3 weeks after that. Now it's starting to happen again. One time my wife pulled into a street from a stop sign and there was a truck coming behind her. She pushed gas and it hesitated about 3 seconds until she was able to take off. The guy had to press his brakes hard to slow down so he wouldn't hit her. I have no idea where else to turn. Please help :(

P.S Attached is the TSB that I printed out that a friend of mine sent me. The dealer kinda looked at it and pushed it aside as if it wasn't a possibility even though symptom #2 is EXACTLY my issue.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST, GUYS! TRYING TO GET AS MUCH INFO INTO THIS POST AS POSSIBLE.

Attachments

• GM Hybrid TSB.pdf
    219.8 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo