Gas gauge stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was driving the 04 Yukon down the highway and it just went down to empty .it had 3/4 at the time. anyone know where to start. fuel pump was replaced about 65k ago. hasn't been under a quarter tank since. runs good still and the gauge doesn't cause any other issues

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New sending unit with new pump? Does the no gas light come on?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
was driving the 04 Yukon down the highway and it just went down to empty .it had 3/4 at the time. anyone know where to start. fuel pump was replaced about 65k ago. hasn't been under a quarter tank since. runs good still and the gauge doesn't cause any other issues

It's either the sender, which is part of the pump assembly, or the stepper on the gauge.

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good scan tool can sort that out quick. Tech-2 can easily sweep the gauges to test the stepper motors...
lol if I reset the codes even tho it doesn't pull any. the gauge will go back to reading for a split second then go to empty and have the light on

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol if I reset the codes even tho it doesn't pull any. the gauge will go back to reading for a split second then go to empty and have the light on

Does your scan tool read the BCM codes? In all the time we've been writing about this, the issue could have been identified (with the Tech-2) and the parts on the way via Amazon Prime; just sayin'. ;)

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your scan tool read the BCM codes? In all the time we've been writing about this, the issue could have been identified (with the Tech-2) and the parts on the way via Amazon Prime; just sayin'. ;)
lol if you want to buy me a tech 2 I can send you my address

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE