Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I'm going to be changing to fluid on my 2005 Tahoe with the G80 locker rear diff. However, all of the fluids at the stores seem to have some sort of limited slip additive. Do you guys think it'd be okay to put Mobil 1 75w90 LS into it? I'd rather not have to wait for an Amazon order to arrive if I don't need to.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the cover on and put in fluid, however I dont know if I messed up with the magnet it came with. First of all one side was a bit smoother than the other and I dont remember which way I put it, and second of all in the photo on Amazon the magnet is shown put around the fill hole, but I put it down more towards the bottom of the cover not in that spot in the picture. 1672199730968.png

Reaction score
So I got the cover on and put in fluid, however I dont know if I messed up with the magnet it came with. First of all one side was a bit smoother than the other and I dont remember which way I put it, and second of all in the photo on Amazon the magnet is shown put around the fill hole, but I put it down more towards the bottom of the cover not in that spot in the picture. View attachment 388199
The cover on my 2012 has the magnet below the fill hole. The magnet is square on mine.

20220821_173001.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look like an 8.6 cover, at least not a GM one. Either way, put the magnet down low where the fluid is, if the dimple is not there to hold it in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz