Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I'm worried because this website seems absolutely certain that the next gen Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade will use IRS. The strength and simplicity of a solid axle has always been a selling point for me, so I hope this isn't true. Any thoughts/rumors?

Yes, others here have referenced that site and others before...IRS appears to be coming. For most people, IRS in SUVs adds value, according to recent statements made by GM. All of GM’s competitors already have it.

What will you miss if they go with IRS? It shouldn’t affect towing, the Expedition does fine towing with IRS.
Do you do hard core off roading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like it still has the same crappy looking LED tail lights that the current Tahoe/Burbs have?

I love my LED tail lights. Plus the front lighting as well. I am more then happy it is going to look very similar. The way they are selling now looks like most people have no issue with the lighting.

If anybody does not like how the 2020-2021 looks go to Ford. I am sure they are more then happy to have you.

That just IMHO. To each their own.

Serg-214

Reaction score
I love my LED tail lights. Plus the front lighting as well. I am more then happy it is going to look very similar. The way they are selling now looks like most people have no issue with the lighting.

If anybody does not like how the 2020-2021 looks go to Ford. I am sure they are more then happy to have you.

That just IMHO. To each their own.

I guess im the only one who thinks they look like cheap connect the dot LEDs when they are on....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What will you miss if they go with IRS?

Cargo capacity is what they lose. For example the cargo capacity of the 2009 Expedition EL SLT 4x4 with 3.73 gear and tow package is 1,435 pounds. This is what the truck itself can carry. Its WDH rating is 890 pounds. The 2009 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4x4 with tow package can carry a paltry 1,250 pounds. Its WDH rating is 960 pounds.

A 2009 Suburban LTZ 4x4 can carry 1,500 pounds and its WDH rating is 1,000 pounds.

To be fair though, the Nissan Armada 4x4 has a rear wishbone suspension and can carry 1,458 pounds. It's more Tahoe/Yukon like in size though I think.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess im the only one who thinks they look like cheap connect the dot LEDs when they are on....

Yes. You’re the only one, lol. But seriously, I really like the LED tail lights, a lot. If I’m following a Burb or Tahoe, I find myself staring at the rear lights. Same goes for Yukon and Esky. I think GM did a good job on these LED tail lights. They all look bold and fitting for the size of these trucks.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cargo capacity is what they lose. For example the cargo capacity of the 2009 Expedition EL SLT 4x4 with 3.73 gear and tow package is 1,435 pounds. This is what the truck itself can carry. Its WDH rating is 890 pounds. The 2009 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4x4 with tow package can carry a paltry 1,250 pounds. Its WDH rating is 960 pounds.

A 2009 Suburban LTZ 4x4 can carry 1,500 pounds and its WDH rating is 1,000 pounds.

To be fair though, the Nissan Armada 4x4 has a rear wishbone suspension and can carry 1,458 pounds. It's more Tahoe/Yukon like in size though I think.

You’re comparing decade old models.

Here’s info on the new one.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...pace-and-storage-review-car-and-driver-page-7

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What I said was more people seem to like them then not like them.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. You’re the only one, lol. But seriously, I really like the LED tail lights, a lot. If I’m following a Burb or Tahoe, I find myself staring at the rear lights. Same goes for Yukon and Esky. I think GM did a good job on these LED tail lights. They all look bold and fitting for the size of these trucks.

I find myself staring at the rear lights also. Yes GM did a really good job on those LED tail lights. I love when I step on the brake and it lights up half of the street at night. On some vehicles you can barely see the tail lights in the pouring rain.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you’re “going to be fair” compare the same trim levels, as there are suspension differences. You compared the base suspensions to the burbs LTZ w/rear load level.
I find myself staring at the rear lights also. Yes GM did a really good job on those LED tail lights. I love when I step on the brake and it lights up half of the street at night. On some vehicles you can barely see the tail lights in the pouring rain.
I feel like a GM did a good job of making LED tails look cheap. You wouldn’t guess that within the housing there’s LEDs. On the Denali you would more so. But compared to an X5, Q7, RR, QX80, Esky.. the detail just doesn’t feel there. But I guess that’s the thing, those are all premium vehicles so we should all be content that the Chevy is even seeing LEDs across the board.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re comparing decade old models.

Uh yeah, I was comparing the competition to my truck!

If you’re “going to be fair” compare the same trim levels, as there are suspension differences. You compared the base suspensions to the burbs LTZ w/rear load level.

Not so, I was making comparisons as close as possible to my truck. Highest trim level, 4WD and tow package as stated. There is no difference in carrying capacity between an '09 LTZ Suburban and my '09 SLT Yukon XL nor their towing capacity. I used actual door stickers when doing my examples. Of course, vehicles can be a few pounds off but such is irrelevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos