Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it will. Ford Expedition has IBR and still has a higher towing capacity than Tahoe/Suburban.

Out of curiosity, I ran the numbers between the 2009 offerings and found that in reality, the Expedition could only tow more when it was lightly loaded, like the driver and his dog. The Expedtion and other competitors boasted larger towing numbers but their own payload capacities were inferior allowing the Suburban/Yukon XL to pull more with more inside the cab.

The last GM minivans offered an IRS in the Buick but not the sportier Pontiac or mundane Chevrolet offerings. I reckon that if this new truck does have an IRS, it will be able to retrofit with the previous generation and visa versa, looks very similar. Just a guess.

Serg-214

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like it still has the same crappy looking LED tail lights that the current Tahoe/Burbs have?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More evidence, that IBR is really going to happen. And WOW, Car and Driver is saying the redesigned 2020 will be unveiled this January 2019...that's 8 short months from now! And even more exciting they're saying that the 2020 model may be for sale next spring, which is now less than a year away.

This is close to consistent with some other articles where GM folks have said "summer of 2020". Sounds like the 2019 model run will be pretty short.

2020 Chevrolet Suburban Will Feature Independent Rear Suspension
GM’s stalwart hauler gives up the stick axle.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2020-chevrolet-suburban-will-feature-independent-rear-suspension

I recall seeing many 15s rolling around in this area March and April of 14.

This Is in line with everything I'm hearing. Maybe a Jan 19 Detroit auto show revealing?

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall seeing many 15s rolling around in this area March and April of 14.

This Is in line with everything I'm hearing. Maybe a Jan 19 Detroit auto show revealing?

Yes, I think that's exactly right. Car and Driver is also saying a Jan 2019 revealing... It's coming pretty soon.

sam123

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like it still has the same crappy looking LED tail lights that the current Tahoe/Burbs have?

It’s probably using parts from the current generation since it’s an early build

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's been that shape for generations, at least they appear the same to me, double rectangles on top of each other. But also agree with the above, it's probably an early build that's using parts from the current generation.

Serg-214

Reaction score
It's been that shape for generations, at least they appear the same to me, double rectangles on top of each other. But also agree with the above, it's probably an early build that's using parts from the current generation.
I dont have a problem with the shape. Its the actual lighting that looks cheap.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Now I'm worried because this website seems absolutely certain that the next gen Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade will use IRS. The strength and simplicity of a solid axle has always been a selling point for me, so I hope this isn't true. Any thoughts/rumors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat