Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They got a camera for a rearview mirror, most folks quit turning around to back up decades ago! LOL
except for people like me, I would have a pretty hard time explaining to a parent why a kid is flat under my wheel, "um the rear view camera didn't show anything?" :boxed:

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
except for people like me, I would have a pretty hard time explaining to a parent why a kid is flat under my wheel, "um the rear view camera didn't show anything?" :boxed:
My Q7 has a surround view camera and I still flattened my son's puppy backing out of the garage. Only saw it on the camera once I pulled forward from feeling a bump... :(

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Denali getting its whole own dash, its very disappointing that it has to have a 07 lincoln DIC.

20200710_214757.jpg 20200710_214741.jpg

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technology has changed that. Backing up is the safest part of my my drive. When backing up, my Escalade auto stops (after beeping) not only when it senses something behind it, but also auto stops when it senses anything moving within 20 yards that WILL move across its path, like a car or person going by perpendicular across my path. I’m not saying you should, but you could just put it in reverse and back out of a driveway without looking practically, as it’ll beep and stop itself if there’s a car or person going anywhere on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technology has changed that. Backing up is the safest part of my my drive. When backing up, my Escalade auto stops (after beeping) not only when it senses something behind it, but also auto stops when it senses anything within 20 yards that WILL move across its path, like a car or person going by perpendicular across my path. I’m not saying you should, but you could just put it in reverse and back out of a driveway without looking practically, as it’ll beep and stop itself if there’s a car or person going anywhere on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still like to see what is behind me and in my blind spot while driving, there was plenty of view in my nbs and it's just got progressively worse since then

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still like to see what is behind me and in my blind spot while driving, there was plenty of view in my nbs and it's just got progressively worse since then

We've got the back up sensors as well. Have had those since 2004 on our other GM vehicles. Like everywhere else, technology is stepping in to replace what we used to do "manually" for lack of a better word.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've got the back up sensors as well. Have had those since 2004 on our other GM vehicles. Like everywhere else, technology is stepping in to replace what we used to do "manually" for lack of a better word.
I do as well but I only use them when I am on my very final couple inches of approach while parking, on the Silverado I can see out the windows pretty well, on the Yukon I can sort of see out at least enough to know I am probably not going to run someone over, on these new trucks ugh wth? so much plastic in the way I guess I will get over it eventually.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many ways can one arrange a cluster of gauges? Six Pack like a Piper or Cessna? Soon they'll do as modern aviation and have user configurable displays.
I'm not a fan of the square guages, wasn't 15 years ago when lincoln was driving themselves into the ground design-wise. Didn't like them when I saw them in the Silverado 2 years ago. Was hoping they wouldn't stick it in the Denali. Considering you look at it probably the most out of anything else, it should be better. But i guess they put that effort into the HUD.