Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that the 2021 STILL doesn’t have center seat head rests even with the video RVM. Why the are they so resistant to add that?

e505dad47fa5ba2a4bd0fb86bab44d56.jpg

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that the 2021 STILL doesn’t have center seat head rests even with the video RVM. Why the are they so resistant to add that?

e505dad47fa5ba2a4bd0fb86bab44d56.jpg
My guess is to keep somewhat of the back window viewable. It might be the angle that makes me think this.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is to keep somewhat of the back window viewable. It might be the angle that makes me think this.
I’m sure that’s it...But it’s just weird since many SUVS have them and the escalade has a video rear view mirror eliminating the loss of visibility issue.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure that’s it...But it’s just weird since many SUVS have them and the escalade has a video rear view mirror eliminating the loss of visibility issue.
Maybe they wanted to keep it the same as the lower models. Just thinking out loud really.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt it’s due to platform sharing reasons. Just odd to have video mirror and then no center headrests due to visibility.
I guess in a way it could be the same as a rear view camera and still having mirrors. :shrug:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what that means. If you have a monitor for a rvm there is no consumer benefit to not having a foldable center headrest.
If you have a cameras in a 360* pattern do you really need mirrors? You can see better with the cameras so what point do the mirrors now serve? My guess is they are proven and redundancy for a failure. One could theorize that not having the middle section is for a failure as to not block your view. Maybe in their polls there wasn't a lot of people sit in the middle of the rear seat and need a place for their head. Maybe it was cost savings. Either way I couldn't even tell you if my wife's 16 Yukon rear seat has 3 or not, I believe not but IDK. I guess in my mind I do not see the point of it but our seat is usually down because I can't convince my wife that driving an XL would be easier than driving my truck in terms of length.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a cameras in a 360* pattern do you really need mirrors? You can see better with the cameras so what point do the mirrors now serve? My guess is they are proven and redundancy for a failure. One could theorize that not having the middle section is for a failure as to not block your view. Maybe in their polls there wasn't a lot of people sit in the middle of the rear seat and need a place for their head. Maybe it was cost savings. Either way I couldn't even tell you if my wife's 16 Yukon rear seat has 3 or not, I believe not but IDK. I guess in my mind I do not see the point of it but our seat is usually down because I can't convince my wife that driving an XL would be easier than driving my truck in terms of length.
Agreed. no need for a mirror. Which is why they got rid of it for 2021.

Bummer they didn’t finally add a headrest though.