Fuel shuts off at 112MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lowest speed rated tires, S, as I understand it, are 112mph.

Yes, it was a rookie move for sure, but I fully understand and appreciate. It reminds me of the mantra from my deep wreck diving days, "No Risk, No Glory".

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm..... I wonder if it phoned home or called your insurance company!
That and your tires are probably rated 88mph.
Glad you and everybody else survived.

Ya, have to wonder what On Star is recording and what they do with it.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, have to wonder what On Star is recording and what they do with it.

Nothing unless there was an accident. They bet your happy ass that law enforcement would request those records. So proceed with caution.

BTW - I have NO, I say again, I have NO problem with law enforcement or them doing their job. Just remember, stupid games win stupid prizes. That's life and we're adults.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
Had my Denali to 130 so far and it was still pulling hard. When it shifted at 125 I was surprised at how hard it pulled. With the few mods I've done so far it should hit 150 pretty easy. Of course I have upgraded the brakes significantly and she stops fast at 130. I do have a device plugged in to my ODBII port that interferes with Onstar so no issues there.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^Brake upgrade FTW^^^^^^^^^^^^

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
112 MPH is nothing. I remember going well over 120 in a high top suburban ambulance with a 454 back in the 80's. The diesels these days can't touch the record times to area hospitals set by that V8 beast :) LOL
I was totally shocked in my first ride in a type 3 that clocked 130. Handled like a go cart too. 454, you have to love them.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon 22" Bridgestones are "H" rated which is 130mph. Not sure if that was some "Back to the Future" reference, but if they were only rated to 88mph I would have had a blowout long ago!
you know the max side wall says 44PSI

<--has mine at 50PSI you can go 150PSI or so..before they will actually pop

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing unless there was an accident. They bet your happy ass that law enforcement would request those records. So proceed with caution.

BTW - I have NO, I say again, I have NO problem with law enforcement or them doing their job. Just remember, stupid games win stupid prizes. That's life and we're adults.
legally the black box is your property... be sure to take it with you after an accident..... also you can just say the gas peddle got stuck GMs are known to throttle by them selfs GM calls them "surges" but you and i both know it's unintended throttle acceleration

I'm sorry if my Engine is throttling to 6,000 RPM without me pressing the gas peddle, that meets the definition of unintended engine acceleration...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick