fuel pump relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
destroyer1362

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Nothing on this truck has been a simple fix.. Its been some off the wall thing every time. I don't think it likes me.

Reaction score
Hahaha, I know how you feel. I've got a really really small coolant leak somewhere, I've been hesitant to chase it down because I'm pretty sure i'm going to end up tearing out the dash to get to the heater core. BOOOOOO

OP
OP
destroyer1362

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
This fuel problem is the biggest one so far but when I got it the 4x4 didn't work. I thought it was the actuator, then I thought it was the t-case, then I thought it was the 4x4 computer. It eventually got to the point where I thought the front diff had no spider gears. So I opened it up and heres what I found:
FILE0081resized.jpg
It looked like it was never opened before so I can only figure it was done at the factory. There's no way the spring can come off unless the axel tube is off.
Also when I bought it they replaced the a/c compressor, but theres a leak I have to find somewhere. The master cylinder is new too and I think the fluid is slowly seeping out from under the reservoir. I'm probably forgetting something..

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have had your denali for?

I've had it for 3 1/2 years and i've change the body control module, t-case motor, put in a used engine later to find out i didnt need it and just couple of months ago i had the tranny rebuilt.

Oh and mine also needs a a/c compressor.

atxballer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier I got my fuel pump replaced recently. It turned out to be a dud and was replaced again. My misfire is gone now and my ses light is off. But my truck is still running funny. When I start it after it has been sitting for a while (over night) it cranks for about 7 seconds before it fires up. Also if I shut it off and immediately try to restart it it will crank for about 5 seconds before it will fire up. But if I kill it wait about 15 seconds and try to start it I will start up right away.

Before the fuel pump was replaced it would start right up after sitting over night. So does this sound like a relay issue, or does it sound like I need a 3rd fuel pump this week? Btw I can hear the pump kick on when I turn the key, but I'm thinking the relay may have a bad connection?

Hi! I have a '98 Tahoe that exhibited the same problems as yours. Had my fuel pump replaced (by the dealer), new Delco wires, plugs, distibutor cap, rotor, alternator and starter. If my truck has been running for a bit and then I turn it off and restart it, it takes a few seconds before it starts up.

In the past I figured it would be the fuel pump but now I have no clue. Could it be the fuel pump relay? What was the issues you ended up having even after the new fuel pump. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
alright, 3 yr bump on this baby.

you should make sure you have the new connector type on your pump and also check the pump ground on the frame rail to the left of the pump. and look at your relay for pitting or burning of the terminals.

atxballer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
alright, 3 yr bump on this baby.

you should make sure you have the new connector type on your pump and also check the pump ground on the frame rail to the left of the pump. and look at your relay for pitting or burning of the terminals.

Lol, 3 years old but the problems remain. Just put 190k my on my '98 Tahoe, still going strong. Well sort of... haha. Thanks for the tips, I'll try that!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Does that wiring harness/module come with GM part # 19177227 (Fuel pump module) or is that just the standalone fuel pump? I was looking at my statement of work for the lifetime repair on my fuel pump from the Dealer and never saw any mention of the harness or connector.

Checked the Fuel Pump Relay and it looks good and appears to be functioning normally.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA