Fuel issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ultimatefit23

Reaction score
99 Yuk starts right up in the morning, after being driven awhile and shut off it's hard to start if it starts at all. Connected fuel guage. At the run position it reads about 52 psi. When I turn it off it jumps to 60 psi and holds for awile before it drops. Also while its running it feels rough and sounds like it may want to die. I really could use some help, I'm tired of being stranded.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 Yuk starts right up in the morning, after being driven awhile and shut off it's hard to start if it starts at all. Connected fuel guage. At the run position it reads about 52 psi. When I turn it off it jumps to 60 psi and holds for awile before it drops. Also while its running it feels rough and sounds like it may want to die. I really could use some help, I'm tired of being stranded.

What does "awhile" mean? 1 minute or 5 or 10? How much does the pressure drop during that time?

iCajun

Reaction score
I've had hot start problems caused by the fuel pressure regulator, apparently leaking fuel through the vacuum hose.

OP
OP
U

Ultimatefit23

Reaction score
Had it changed then no hot start problems, mpg went up a little also. I never checked the fuel pressure.
Im actually messing with it now. I haven't started it for about 3 days, so naturally it fired right up on the first crank fuel pressure was at about 52 maybe 53-54. Let it run 15 mins. When i turned it off psi went up to 60. 3 mins later it was at 40, 7 mins later 30. Im still watching it now. Will let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick