Fuel filter feed line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at Nickel Copper but the problem I found was that the pre flared lines are flared for brake applications not the gym filter - the flare for the gym filter has a rubber seal on the flare. Only the Dorman steel had that.
id rent a flare tool.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I looked at Nickel Copper but the problem I found was that the pre flared lines are flared for brake applications not the gym filter - the flare for the gym filter has a rubber seal on the flare. Only the Dorman steel had that.
What's a gym filter?

OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
Ok so I got the filter quick connect out and put the new filter in place and connected the outlet side. I cut the quick connector off of the fuel feed line from the pump at the front of the tank and used a nylon to nylon coupler to join the new nylon line. I then tucked the nylon line over the crossmember and pulled it forward and cut the excess of beyond the filter so I would have lots to work with. I put the tank bank in place and had the wife turn the pump on - fuel came out of the nylon line. I called it a day at this point because it was -8c (17f) and I didn’t want to lie in a pool of gas.

All I need to do now is to cut and bend the steel line to the filter and use a compression fitting to join it to the nylon line. The nylon is more flexible than I anticipated and since there is little room to bend a steel line up and over the crossmember my plan is to join the two lines 4-6” from the filter. I just have to make one bend on the steel line to clear the frame before connecting the two lines. I also got some plastic conduit to protect the vinyl from an rubbing on the frame.

Going to get it done tomorrow because it’s -14c (7f) today

OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
Ok, lines are in truck is running. I ended up bending the metal tube for the filter and cutting it about 2” long and connected it to the nylon line. Was kind of a pain getting the compression fitting tigh bc there was no room. Also, for some reason it took me an hour to get the fuel pump clamp/band on. It’s like it shrunk - wouldn’t get over enough for the bolt to find the hole. Other than that some of the metal shield around the tank bent and is running on drive shaft a bit but that’s easily fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork