Fuel filter feed line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silky28

Reaction score
Hey all,

So when changing my fuel filter on flex fuel system the fuel line on the feed side snapped when I was unscrewing it from filter.

I’ve been looking for a replacement hose but cannot find a part number. It is the line which goes from the front of tank to the filter - any one k ow a part number for this?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
parts stores sell short lengths of flared tubing with the line bolt, match it all up. then you either need to use a compression fitting, frowned upon by most but work. or get a double flair tool and do a union at the splice.

OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
I can do a union but the issue is that the fuel line goes bends just before the end and I am not sure I can make the bend. Also, the line going into the filter has an o-ring seal on the end. Can you get flared male ends with o-rings?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can do a union but the issue is that the fuel line goes bends just before the end and I am not sure I can make the bend. Also, the line going into the filter has an o-ring seal on the end. Can you get flared male ends with o-rings?

Got pics of what you are dealing with? Line sizes? Steel lines or plastic? What kind of connectors? If you have a tight bend an option is to make a large loop.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So this is what year truck?

It sounds like this is the line from the fuel tank to the filter (the output of the filter goes to the Flex Fuel sensor, correct?)

If that's it, on my '04 there's a connection right in front of the fuel tank but it's impossible to get to it without dropping the tank. You can reach around the xmember and feel it, but no way are you getting it apart without some more clearance. I wish I'd have taken pics when I had my tank out. Anyway, replacing that line would be IMHO the best way to repair. Might need to see a dealer about the part number.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey all,

So when changing my fuel filter on flex fuel system the fuel line on the feed side snapped when I was unscrewing it from filter.

I’ve been looking for a replacement hose but cannot find a part number. It is the line which goes from the front of tank to the filter - any one k ow a part number for this?

Pic of the broken feed line and connector?

If you can adapt the broken steel line to nylon, you could possibly use a fuel filter that has quick-connects on both ends. Essentially eliminate the threaded connector.

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic of the broken feed line and connector?

If you can adapt the broken steel line to nylon, you could possibly use a fuel filter that has quick-connects on both ends. Essentially eliminate the threaded connector.
dorman sells this kit just need to figure out what filter to use.