Fuel filter feed line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so here is a pic of what is left of the tube. I assume the yellow piece is a seal for the quick connect?View attachment 362435

That o-ring probably came out of the quick disconnect fitting. Is the fitting broken? That's supposed to be held in place by the locking tabs I think.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
so here is a pic of what is left of the tube. I assume the yellow piece is a seal for the quick connect?View attachment 362435

Is the end shown the one that mated with the long line that comes from the fuel module? At the mid-splice? This is the short line you're looking to replace?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take a look at this site. The line you need is shown -- I think -- but I don't know if they'd sell just that, or if they sell only the set. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
Ok, so here is my plan: the plastic tube that goes from fuel pump to front of tank - I am going to cut off the connector at the front of the tank. Then I am going to use a union to join that tube to a new piece of vinyl tube that goes up to the filter. I will also buy a short piece of 3/8” metal pipe with the appropriate fitting for the filter which I will join to the vinyl with a union.

Question: I am assuming the fuel feed line is 3/8” am I right?

Question 2: what is the name of the fitting that goes into the filter?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of unions.

Everything I have read, and what I have seen on my '04, is that the fuel pressure line is 3/8".

As far as the fitting, not a clue, except that the filters I viewed take a M16x1.5 thread.

OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of unions.

Everything I have read, and what I have seen on my '04, is that the fuel pressure line is 3/8".

As far as the fitting, not a clue, except that the filters I viewed take a M16x1.5 thread.
Well I need some way to connect the nylon hose to the filter. Is there a fitting for vinyl tubing so that I can connect it directly to the filter? Filter has a flare m16 end with a o-ring

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
See post #14 in this thread. It has a link to a 3/8" filter with quick connects on both ends. It would eliminate the threaded end of the filter.

OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
Ok, so I've run into a problem. I cannot get my hands on any 3/8" nylon fuel line. I am going to have to go steel. So my plan is this:

I will cut the connector off of the fuel line at the front of the tank. I will run a steel line from the filter to the front of the tank and connect the plastic line on tank to the metal line from filter with a compression fitting.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've run into a problem. I cannot get my hands on any 3/8" nylon fuel line. I am going to have to go steel. So my plan is this:

I will cut the connector off of the fuel line at the front of the tank. I will run a steel line from the filter to the front of the tank and connect the plastic line on tank to the metal line from filter with a compression fitting.

I noticed it was hard to find on Amazon. You try Napa? I found it at my local store and they delivered it same day for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz