Fuel Economy question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evildude!

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Evildude, just please don't buy a Prius.
No way :yucky: , I'm thinking about getting a cheaper 03-06 as soon as I get enough $$$. I'm hoping I can pay it off right away to be able to afford the gas.

NativH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TahoeTaz,

Exactly what I get on my '13 Z71 Tahoe. I average 13/17 with my in town including freeway to downtown for work, and I drive 70-75 on the highway. I have right at 9000 miles right now so I'm pretty much broken in IMHO. Somehow I really didn't expect better than this except I rent 4x4 Tahoes regularly for work out of town. I get better than this in NM between Albuquerque and Farmington. My guess is my rear end ratio in my Z71 is lower than the normal LT 4x4's I rent. Oh well, I didn't buy this thing for the mileage anyway.

OP
OP
TahoeTaz

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanically, my truck is still bone stock, so there are no aftermarket wheels and tires on it (yet), nor any kind of engine upgrades. I wasn't expecting compact car numbers, but I was wondering what everyone else was getting, so I know what to expect. I'm thinking about getting another car to commute with (so I can keep the Avalanche in the garage, and get some more work done on the Tahoe). I might do some tweaks to the truck, and see what happens.

jetmech

Reaction score
just bought a slightly used 2011 Tahoe LT in April, 2wd. So far we're seein 17-18 in the city, 21-22 on the highway

Thegreatbustado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2007 with the old 4 speed in it and averaging 17.8
My dad has a 2010 suburban with the 6 speed he is at 19-20mpg average

Brock

Reaction score
goodinblack correct, but after my BBP tune it's smooth as butter!

dmannx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
11mpg in the city (hilly north county San Diego) about 16 hwy.
4x4 - 2011 - 2" leveling kit

far from the 15/21 on the sticker.

crxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ive got a 99 tahoe 4x4 and get about 11 and 14.5 and was really wanting at least an 07 to get better FE than i'm getting now but looks like i'd still have the same issue...... i thougt the flex fuel would yield better results....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz