Frustrated with 2005 Tahoe suspension!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say THANKS!!! Changed out The jounce stops today in my 03 Tahoe. I would never in a million years imagined that a little rubber stop would change the ride so drastically. One was missing and the other was crumbles. How long do these last normally.
Glad that helped. Yes it’s a weird design, I know. IDK how long they last normally but mine were in need at about 140k. But that’s just when I read about them, they could have needed to be replaced sooner.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say THANKS!!! Changed out The jounce stops today in my 03 Tahoe. I would never in a million years imagined that a little rubber stop would change the ride so drastically. One was missing and the other was crumbles. How long do these last normally.

Glad that helped. Yes it’s a weird design, I know. IDK how long they last normally but mine were in need at about 140k. But that’s just when I read about them, they could have needed to be replaced sooner.

Glad you got it sorted out. So many overlook the importance of them. TONS of "I cranked my keys and now my ride sucks" stories. Even if the stop itself is in good shape, it NEEDS to be in contact with the LCA for it to do its job.

Service life has got to be environmentally dependent, like all rubber. Mine are in relatively good shape at 13 years and 155k.

I may change them during a front end "refresh" regardless.

Last edited:

keegan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. I'm replacing everything up front on my 2006 SD and noticed the other day that my "jounce stops" were touching the CA like stated in this thread. I immediately thought something was wrong, my truck was sagging, etc. Appreciate the info.

Anyone have a Part # for the jounce stops handy?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that right? how do you figure? i had them on my 02 cadillac escalade along with lower control arms. sitting way low and i had them on my tahoe just the keys and it was completely fine, i couldn’t even tell a difference.im going to go out on a limb here and say there’s a few of you on here that are not very bright and don’t understand geometry.probaly were told you needed to buy the lower control arms to do it the “right way” or “ride quality will suffer” well that would be falsel incorrect. now if your trying to get real low, more then 3 inches yes you will need the control arms, but guess what guysAsk whoever told you to get those control arms or go back to the shop and tell them you want to go inches I want to know what the options are. guess what they’re going to say: lowering keys! You betcha! So if you have dropped control arms and only sitting a few inches lower then stock ,well good job buddy lol
You seem to know it all so we will all come to you. Or not. I will tell you one thing-the only way to keep your exact geometry when lowering a NBS even a couple inches is to use drop SPINDLES. Not control arms. Not keys. That is if you do indeed understand geometry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz