Front Trailer Reciever Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12many

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a front receiver for a trailer hitch? My focus is ona 2015 Tahoe, 4x4 (not z71) I see companies sell bolt on, no-drill kits but can not find a picture online of one mounted up and where it "exits" the front of the vehicle. The clearance is already so poor with the plastic that it must (I assume) come out in the plastic some where.

Also, has anyone used one, a front receiver that is? I have heard people rave about them for moving a trailer, but never used on myself.

Anyone have any pictures or input?

Thanks

fishingwizard

Reaction score
I bought mine for my 07 burb off etrailer.com. Think it ran about $160. 20min install. Kit had 6 bolts, two of the holes were already in the frame and just had to drill the other 4. I love it.

I installed mine the same time i installed my 2" lift cause it was LOW to the ground to clear the big bumper.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

12many

Reaction score
Thanks FishWiz. There is not much info out there on front hitches for 2015-2016s. Buyers of these rigs are probably not doing much that requires a front receiver. From what I can tell, there are a couple models and both drop the front clearance a bit and require some cut out into the front fairing, but I can not tell which fairing and how much. Might be about an inch below the fairing. Curt makes one that is alleged to be least lowest. Curt's web site has some good info and PDFs

fishingwizard

Reaction score
Sounds about right. I trimmed a 3"x3" out of the black air dam and my hitch is tucked right up under the bumper.

MVR 155

Reaction score
After owning 2 H2's over the past 8 years I just picked up a new 2015 Denali. Both of my H2's had the front hitch receiver. Over 8 years and a lot of trailering I only used the front hitch once. I was in a very tight spot where I didn't have any room to maneuver the truck so I used the front hitch. I wouldn't sweat it too much if I were you.

OP
OP

12many

Reaction score
Thanks

Fishwiz, would you say it did not change your ground clearance?

CCape - not sure I understand flat towed. Not for towing, but for pushing a trailer a short distance.

MVR - I agree, but depends on situation. We never needed on when in Montana as everywhere had ample space, but living in a city and having a cabin with a narrow entrance and lots of trees, I am fighting some tight spots and think it will help. Maybe more work than it is worth.

PinkAle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who drives tractor trailer I can honestly say I can't see the benefit of having a front hitch you're still dealing with blind spots you won't be able to see the right side rear or the rear as you push it forward so I wouldn't invest in one if it's that tight just get some lookouts your kids or wife remember GOAL Get out and look

Ampclamp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put one on my 2015 last summer. Use it for the bikes as I tow a 25 foot Jayco on the back.2015-01-05 17.20.36.jpg 2015-04-11 17.12.09.jpg 2015-01-08 16.12.21.jpg 2015-04-11 17.11.49.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts