Front seats inerchangable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know if the passenger side seat CUSHION can be exchanged with the driver side one? Just the seat cushion, not the entire seat assey, I know, that one is sided.
Cushions appear to be symmetrical and my pass one is pretty much like new, while the driver side one has door side mashed down. As it should, at 146000 miles.
Really, don't want to experiment with removing seat cushions - and all the power seat stuff - if it's not possible.
Thank you

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For clarification. Yes, heated seat cushions. That might do some difference on connector routing between the sides.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would you consider replacing the driver's side cushion instead of playing musical foam? The Seat Shop has them, as I imagine other sellers would. That's if I understand your question correctly.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what "musical foam" is but yep, that might work. I have no problem DIY it. Just was looking for at hand option.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it will. It will fight you some where it wraps around the seat control panel but it can be done. Did that to mine a year or 2 ago. Took my left ass check a while to get used to sitting so higher too lol.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will. It will fight you some where it wraps around the seat control panel but it can be done. Did that to mine a year or 2 ago. Took my left ass check a while to get used to sitting so higher too lol.
Good. What exactly is "seat control panel"? The power seat controls on the door side?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right here is where I am talking, see how it kind of gets pinched a bit? Still doable though.

0C70FCE4-FB3B-4422-B684-669F9C5AB3C9.jpeg