Front Passenger Seat Belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzTank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening everyone.
It would seem that many of us have experienced/ are experiencing this problem. The passenger seat belt will lock and will not allow the passenger to move unless they take the belt off, remove all slack, and reapply the belt. Sounds like the belt is working fine but ANY movement forward locks the belt. Was there ever a fix for this outside of buying seat belt extenders?

OP
OP
AzTank

AzTank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible that there is simply dust mucking up the mechanism?
That’s definitely a possibility. I did a search through the forums and it appears the front passenger seat were designed to have it lock at a certain point for child seat purposes. I believe I’d have to skin the seat I order to clean/lube the mechanism, so I wanted to see if there was anything ahead of doing that.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't the retractor in the B-pillar? Why skin the seat?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think any part of the front seat seat belts is in the pillar... On the GMT800s, the seatbelts are built into the seats.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are built into the pillar on the GMT900's I believe. I was recently had to remove my passenger seat, and all that I saw was the anchor of one end on the seatbelt bolted to the frame of the seat.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think any part of the front seat seat belts is in the pillar... On the GMT800s, the seatbelts are built into the seats.

Yeah, considering what I drive, I should know better. :(