Front end steering components renewal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tukkr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello fellow forum members,

I own a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT with 153.000 miles on it. As far as I know all of the front end steering components are original.

My front tires (especially, the right hand side) are wearing much more faster than my rear tires. In addition, when pulling up
I often sense some knocking sounds comming from underneath the front side (it is gone when im up to speed).

That is in short the reason why im leaning towards new steering components. I have done some research and read about different brands:
Moog (TTX), Mevotech, Kryptonite, Detroit Axle etc. I hope someone can point me in the right direction (what brand) when it comes to front end parts?

For your information, I live in Europe. So besides the purchase value I have to add a significant part of transport cost to it. Receiving & returning faulty/crap quality products is not an option.

thank you kindly!

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may just need an alignment or some new bushings - I would go to a reputable auto shop and let them check the alignment. Is the car shaking or vibrating at speed? Front tires always wear faster than rear tires because they bear the weight of the engine - and turning the wheels wears away the rubber.

OP
OP
Tukkr

Tukkr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you may just need an alignment or some new bushings - I would go to a reputable auto shop and let them check the alignment. Is the car shaking or vibrating at speed? Front tires always wear faster than rear tires because they bear the weight of the engine - and turning the wheels wears away the rubber.

No shaking or vibrating at speed. The car has recently been fully aligned. The (irregular) knocking sound really only pops up when pulling up.

I will take it to the shop. But what about the proposed brands? Anyone I should stay away from?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins