Front Driver + Passenger seats need leather. 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nj2012

Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 tahoe LS (SSV) with cloth seat in the front and black leather seats in the 2nd row.

I'm looking for the most affordable way to change the front seat from cloth to leather.

How are seats covers that are sold online? are they a tight fit? do they come off?
What other options do I have?

Actual seats cost $1200

Last edited by a moderator:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Katzskin

Look at my build thread

I have installed leather in my Yukon XL

OP
OP
N

nj2012

Reaction score
Wow looks great. I see it says 50 dollars but doesn't say what it is or where bought. Can you tell me?

Also how was the install?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow looks great. I see it says 50 dollars but doesn't say what it is or where bought. Can you tell me?

Also how was the install?

Lol that's the floor mats.

Leather was put in the black truck

Like 1000 all 3 rows

Install is simple in theory, but hard as in bruised and cut finger and hands hahahahahhaha

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. There's some other companies making covers but the quality isn't there. Keep an eye on Ebay. Sometimes there are covers used that are in decent shape for next to nothing.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<SNIP>

Install is simple in theory, but hard as in bruised and cut finger and hands hahahahahhaha

Indeed! I'm in the middle of new seat covers on our 86 SVO, and I'll never do it again!! These seats are a little more involved than what the seats in the Tahoe look to be, but it's still a lot of pushing and pulling and prodding and cursing. Definitely farming any other upholstery work out next time.

Oh, and Min, that SSV, IIRC has 'Perp' vinyl second row seating. I'd be shocked if GM put leather back there.

OP
OP
N

nj2012

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. There's some other companies making covers but the quality isn't there. Keep an eye on Ebay. Sometimes there are covers used that are in decent shape for next to nothing.

I got your pm but I cant reply to it. please email me at [email protected]

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Lol that's the floor mats.

Leather was put in the black truck

Like 1000 all 3 rows

lol thanks I'll probably get that.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Indeed! I'm in the middle of new seat covers on our 86 SVO, and I'll never do it again!! These seats are a little more involved than what the seats in the Tahoe look to be, but it's still a lot of pushing and pulling and prodding and cursing. Definitely farming any other upholstery work out next time.

Oh, and Min, that SSV, IIRC has 'Perp' vinyl second row seating. I'd be shocked if GM put leather back there.

you're right I thought it was leather from the photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewsTahoe

Latest posts