Front Brake hose replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question… I’m about to replace the rubber brake hoses on my 02 Tahoe LS 4x4… when I’m done, can I bleed just the front brakes or do I need to bleed all four starting from the right rear? Reason I ask… a YouTube vid showed just the fronts being bled after changing the lines out.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok fellas… i got my front and rear calipers and brake pads along with new rubber hoses on all corners. I’ve bled all four corners and burped the ABS system about ten times… I am still having the brake stage but not all the time. Case in point today, I left the house and all was good but when I made my first stop I could feel the drag. Pulled into a parking space and let it in drive and let off the brake and my Tahoe just sat there without moving forward….put it in reverse and same thing… just sat there.

It’s not total lock up as I can give some gas and it’ll move. I’m not showing any signs of leaking from the booster or the Master cylinder… has anyone had this happen to them? Do y’all maybe think it’s a master cylinder issue? The crazy thing is it’s not happening all the time it’s more sporadic not a constant. Would y’all suspect the master cylinder more than the booster? I’ve done the brake pedal tests so I don’t suspect that. Maybe the MC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879