Front Air Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious about what people that have put their own kit together have used on the front? I would like to keep the 4wd operational. I was planning on taking some measurements this weekend, but figured I would ask first. Do any of the shockwaves fit? I don't want to lay frame, I was going to drop it another 1.5 inches until the wife reminded me of the monster speed bumps at our lake house. So if I go any lower I will need to be able to adjust it on the fly, ie air ride on the front. I like a little rake, so I am not concerned right now about the rear.

Negligence

Reaction score
Not sure about the shockwaves but there is a universal bag over strut kit that would work. I was originally going to go this route but have talked to others with it who say the ride is just horrible.

OP
OP
P

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I saw those. I talked to Kelderman's and I am going to get just the front kit. I am going to use them with some Beltech drop struts and the drop spindle I already have. Gonna try to set the ride height at what would be a 3" drop. I will try it and see. The front kits are on backorder right now though.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be using universial strut bags in the front of mine. Mine is only 2wd though. I'll let you know how they work out.

OP
OP
P

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some more thought I am undecided about the air ride. It didn't help after I got to thinking about the price I was quoted for the front from Kelderman. They quoted $1400 just for the front bags and mounts. The more I thought about it the crazier it seemed. No struts, no line, no compressor, etc; just two bags and 4(?) brackets. But everyone I have talked to said the universal strut bags ride like crap.

NastyGM - Please keep me updated.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard the same. I already have lowered spindles and adjustable struts. Aaron is adding DMJ lower control arms and some other tricks? People think I am crazy to drive my Yukon 350 miles just to have bags put in. To me it was worth the trip as they (below) do incredible work. I should have it back in a week or so.

www.chassisbyaaroniha.com

OP
OP
P

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does appear that they do great work. I will say that a pretty install does not mean a good ride. So, I hope it will ride as nice as it looks. If you don't mind, post up some installed pics and any details would be great. They are using the universal bags and your belltech struts right?

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does appear that they do great work. I will say that a pretty install does not mean a good ride. So, I hope it will ride as nice as it looks. If you don't mind, post up some installed pics and any details would be great. They are using the universal bags and your belltech struts right?

Correct with DJM lower arms

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bro my Yukon rides great with the front strut bags. Keep in mind I have DJM control arms and Belltech spindles, so that must help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan