From Crossville TN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the sorry piece of junk started having more frequent dying problems after putting the new battery in. Then today I checked my oil and it was full. Drove to my parents house 60 miles away over two mountain ranges. When I got back it said check engine oil level and when I did it was over a quart low so I'm not sure what's up there.

Then on the way back up the two mountains I got a "transmission hot" error which I'd never gotten. It still shifts fine but I checked the fluid when I got home and it's jet black and smells burnt to a crisp.

I have no money to fix this damn thing and have no idea what to do. I'm pretty sure the trans is toast even though it ain't acted up yet.

Only thing I know to try is 10w30 oil in the motor and keep it checked and change the transmission fluid and gasket and filter. I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. If that doesn't work I'm stuck ad I'll have no ride to work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thingraylinetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I went out this morning to check the transmission fluid myself and on neither my hand or the rag did I have any metal shavings that I could see. The fluid does smell burned but it's not black it's more of a brownish black. The trans is still shifting okay and I figure I got nothing to lose so I'm going to get 11 qts dexron 6, a filter, and gasket and have my stepson do a drain and fill then drive it a little then do another drain and fill on it. Hopefully it'll work. I'm going to go with some thicker wait oil instead of 5w30. We shall see what happens.

After all it is a performance engine and I think 5w30 is just sheering off to quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum