Fresh out the oven!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new here, I'm planning to pick myself up a Hoe towards the end of the month.

I ultimately needed a large SUV and kept battling between a Hoe and Sequoia. I opted for the Hoe.

I was just curious to ask for some opinions since I'm fresh out the oven here.

Is it worth loading up for an LTZ or should I go for an LT or LS and go aftermarket?

I'm not too bothered about entertainment systems and such, I'm mainly going to use this as a daily driver during the weekdays and to haul around a few things on the weekends. Plus, the dog would appreciate me more for giving it some more space (hah!).

Anyways, I currently live and work in Kuwait so performance from BB and such may be an issue for me since I like having these things done in front of my face. To my knowledge there is no tuning place in Kuwait for GMs (I'm sure I'm just misinformed). However, I guess this is a conversation for after I pick up my hoe. [EDIT: well no place in Kuwait that I know of that tunes GM's Large SUVs such as Tahoes, Yukons etc...Most people I've heard of here end up doing it by ordering parts off the net and chipping (or maybe they bought a MAP and MAPPED it themselves, not too sure to be honest).]

Back to the options. I basically wanted to know if the LTZ would be worth the money I put into it or if I can get better value and capability from aftermarket options.

I'm absolutely new to GM so you can rest assured that I'll probably be on here a lot bugging you guys. So please be patient with me. :)

Look forward to hearing your advice. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Mr. Clause

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome first off. It all depends if you want the luxury amenities. I used to have a Tahoe LTZ and definitely wouldn't of had it any other way. If you plan on modding and changing every little thing about it then going with an LT might be a better choice. But the newer LTZ's are real nice if you plan on leaving most of it stock. They all come with AutoRide suspension, newer chrome trimmed side moldings, and the Escalade/Denali rear bumper cover.

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah AutoRide is something that has been tempting me to go for the LTZ. Though 2nd row captains chairs, and rear entertainment system are things I definately don't want. Here it seems the majority of LTZs they are bringing in come with the captains chairs. I'm not sure if that's a norm or if it's just a matter of Taste. I've spoken to the dealership here. I'm taking a few weeks to decide on colours, trims and so on. I was planning on summit white and black interior. Those these things are slightly trivial. I'm torn between black and white and I'm quite happy with both decisions for the exterior.

BTW, Thanks a lot for the info and warm welcome! I wasn't aware that the 2011 LTZs came with the Denali rear bumper cover. Oh man, you're tempting me. I love the rear bumper cover. I just assumed they Hoes all had the same rear bumper covers. Awesome!

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Also kinda to answer what I'm looking for. I guess I'm looking for some luxuries but nothing too drastic. I mean, I wouldn't mind the screen up front with nav and the upgraded sound system but apart from that I'm more interested in the technical aspect. I am not going to use this as a race car though I wouldn't mind a little more OOMPH as I know the stock Hoes are not as fast (though I wasn't expecting it from a truck that weighs that much). Hopefully, some slight performance mods and some simple interior work and I'll be quite happy. I will be going through the desert terrain a lot, it's not so bad here just a lot of sand so the 4x4 is a for sure thing. I'll also be towing my jetski or my buddies boat every now and then.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I actually had a white Tahoe LTZ and went to a black Escalade. Those are my two favorite colors too!! You can always buy the 2nd row bench seat or trade someone on here for the bucket seats. The rear entertainment system doesn't come standard on the LTZ. It's still an option. My LTZ didn't even have the factory nav... Had to put one in after I bought it. AutoRide doesn't come on any LS or LT but comes on every LTZ and it is so smooth and makes the ride so much better so that's why I mainly got the LTZ... If you are looking for more power why dont you get the 6.2L versus the 5.3L? It's a LOT faster. I used to have the 5.3L in the Tahoe and now have a 6.2L and aside from the gas prices, it's awesome!

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't get the 6.2L here in Kuwait. To my knowledge they only bring in the 5.3, I'd have to make a special order and to be honest over here, the prices are quite inflated in comparison to what you guys probably pay over in the States. The reason I opted for a Hoe is honestly I've heard such great things about the new Hoes regarding reliability which is my number 1 concern (hauling can take it's toll). Also, I am really fond of what I've been reading here on the forums. I found you guys to be a lot helpful than other GM forums or the Sequoia forums. So having a community to refer to is also a big plus for me. I'll inquire about the 6.2L prices but I'm sure they're sky high. An LS here if memory serves me correct and i've done my conversions correctly runs for about 39k USD! Though I'm getting a reallllllllllly deal on my Hoe here so an LT would cost me just over that (almost 40k).

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

P.S. Your caddy is a piece of art! Love it!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh i see... Well you can still get a a cold air intake and an AutoCal from blackbearperformance.com which will tune your vehicle nicely. That'll definitely net you an extra 10-20 HP extra.

So are you only buying new? When I got my Tahoe, it had 19k miles on it and cost me $38k after tax, title, & license. It literally looked brand new still inside and out. If definitely going new, an LT will suffice but try to get one with AutoRide. Also getting 4x4 also tacks on an extra 3k-5k of the overall price. I found that out when looking for 4x4/AWD vehicles.

Thanks! I love the Esky... I wanted one BAD after driving the Tahoe for a year.

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will look into it. I'm going to check up on the list of specs to see that all of this is included in the price. I've got a verbal estimate over the phone so I'll need to go in or be in contact via e-mail for full details.

The Kuwaiti market for used cars and trucks is kinda difficult. Seen my friends go through so many difficulties, prices don't drop too significantly and usually the quality of the ride isn't the best. A lot of work will be done. This of course is a generalization. I'm still looking into the Chevy Approved used vehicles here.

Though I'm convinced on getting the Hoe. It's time to retire my current ride and go in with the something new (or used - depends on my luck really). If the dealership can promise me the features with the prices quoted I'll probably just go with a new one.

Yeah Caddies are bad ass! I would get one but I can't justify the price over here (used and new). Too inflated over here for a daily driver and towing truck. Man would I love to get my hands on one though. A friend of mine owns one, beautiful stock. I could only imagine how great your truck is!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah I see. Yea inflated prices sound like they suck. But technically GM is a foreign car over there so it's understood that it will obviously cost more. If the cost of used is similar to the cost of new then I guess I'd buy new too. Over here in the states, it's hard to justify buying a new car because the minute you drive off the lot, the car depreciates immensely. I've heard that there are LT2's and LT3's that have AutoRide possible so ask your dealer about that. If you don't care for the chrome trim and bucket seats, then it would probably be best to just go with an LT. I personally love the chrome trim of the LTZ and buying used, the prices aren't THAT much higher. Anyways... Keep us posted on your decision regardless and be sure to post some pics of the ride when it's in your hands!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65