Frame and other VIN locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where (or if) there are frame VIN and other VIN locations are located? I have access to a truck I'm doing a bit of digging on. Does the gmt800 platform have any VIN locations other than dash tag, door sticker, glove box sticker, and in the ECU?

Thanks all!

OP
OP
Alex_M

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, do you know where they might be?

The truck in question the title and body say one VIN, the glove box says another VIN, have not pulled up the ECU. In particular I'm looking for the frame VIN because legally speaking the title should follow the frame, that is if it's legible - there is rust scale over a fair bit of the frame.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are many locations for the VIN and they are hidden for a reason. They are on the body, the frame as well as the engine and the reason is to deter theft.

OP
OP
Alex_M

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that. I am just asking if anyone knows any more of the locations, specifically, so I can tell if this is a truck someone has swapped a couple parts on, or if this is a truck someone has made out of many different trucks.

OP
OP
Alex_M

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y
You might be able connect a scanner to the bcm and see what it shows as the vin, there should be a option depending on the scanner used
I've got HP Tuners, so that will be my next step when I get it dug out of wherever I have it kept at. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar