Fox shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dark_knight2571

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought some Fox 2.5 w dsc piggyback reservoirs for my 2009 LS Tahoe and I'm having trouble with getting the left shock on, the fox guide tells me that the left reservoir should face inwards but if I do that it hits my frame, and if I do it out word it hits my tire. It seems to be only the left shock because the right shock fits in fine. The left shock also looks misaligned in the image below. The rear shock part number is 883-26-003 and the one I was sent says 983-26-003 I can't find any info on the Fox website for that 983-26-003. So has anyone had this problem or know anything about this? I bought my shocks off SHOCK SURPLUS so I'm not sure if this is a known issue or if anyone else has had this problem.part number.jpgm.shocks ].jpg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I don’t but let me know how you like the dsc adjustments and the ride quality once you get it squared away please I was looking into those same rear shocks for my Tahoe

OP
OP
D

dark_knight2571

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea, so I emailed the company and they told me that "Fox in their infinite wisdom has stopped "preclocking" both reservoirs to the right side for each application, so in this case you would just need to back off the screw that pins them into place just enough to get movement, and then rotate the reservoir into the location it fits" I guess just watch out for this.
Ill try to get it done today and see how it goes.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dark_knight2571 I was going to say that it just looks like the orientation of the reservoir is mounted in a bad spot, it should be an easy correct. Let us know how it goes.

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same issue with mine. Once you back out that ring they are pretty easy to rotate and then screw back into place.

If you run into any issues please let me know, I am happy to help.

I copy and pasted the email Accutune shared with me below.

The reservoirs are designed to be clockable during installation. Fox did this because the shocks fit a couple different applications. The ring with holes in it can be loosened and you can rotate the reservoir to the position needed. I personally used a steel punch on my gmc sierra to rotate them. I tried to mark it in this photo for you to reference:

Attachments

• res.png
    res.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
D

dark_knight2571

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to fix it myself but ended up taking it to a shop to get fixed. Got the full kit installed now, and of course my traction control and ABS light turned on. If it's not one thing it's the other, now I'm trying to figure out what's causing the lights to go off. It does drive smooth now tho, can't wait to go offroading once I get the lights figured out.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to fix it myself but ended up taking it to a shop to get fixed. Got the full kit installed now, and of course my traction control and ABS light turned on. If it's not one thing it's the other, now I'm trying to figure out what's causing the lights to go off. It does drive smooth now tho, can't wait to go offroading once I get the lights figured out.

Check to see if one of your wheel-speed sensors came loose at the harness. It may have gotten inadvertently snagged or streched enough to disconnect one of the pins inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev