Found a 14 Bolt SF!!!! =D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Yes 992door was correct on precision 447. I would pick one up from Summit, dirt cheap.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Roger Roger! Sounds good! Can't wait! Hey 99COOP, you think it'll be ok to run 4.10 gears that come in the 14 bolt with my 3.73's up front, and just not use 4x4 until I can get the front geared as well?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
yea, just pull the front driveshaft out until you can swap out the front gears to match the rear that way you or someone else wont accidentally put the truck into 4x4.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Met up with the guy today, axle and everything is in great shape. I didnt pick it up from him but I gave him the cash, just cause this is the only 14 bolt SF 9.5" I've seen so far in my area for sale. Its still in the truck it was in. He's gonna take it out and bring it to me next week to my house. Tomorrow I'm gonna order the conversion U-Joint.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn man, that's some good shit. Congrats on your soon to be 14 bolt rear axle. I wanna see some pics!

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm really excited. Glad to know I have the thing ready to go. I don't have to worry about picking it up or anything, and I don't have to make room for it. I'm gonna have him bring it to me next week and we'll install it on the spot. Btw, I know where he lives, I met with him in person, I know his license tag number, I know what his truck looks like. He has a wife and kids and is a hard working American. A hand shake is all I need really.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I need to order 2 Precision 447 U Joints right? 1 on each side. Can't think. Wanna order now.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

I ordered one. I just need one right? I'm tired guys help me out.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you only need one conversion U-Joint. The rest should stay the same if I'm not mistaken.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea all you need is one. Nothing else is changing other than the one from the driveshaft to axle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA