Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Lol generally pretty clean. No mud bogging here!!

Says the man with 2 in the stable and barn doors to shut out the elements. Lol

IMO the washing step is the easiest/quickest, well at least for pavement pounders and no love bugs and it shouldn’t take that long. Disclaimer - you guys have your methods and your mileage and approach may vary. This works for me. :cool:

Big bucket of soapy water ( I use Meguairs Gold Class) with the dirt grate at the bottom and 4 gloves.

Sometimes I use the soapy nozzle if it is really dirty to soak a bit. I've done the 2 bucket method and yeah it's okay, but just an extra step and unnecessary IMO, unless you are dealing with some serious offroad grime. I am sure some will disagree.

I use 3 gloves for the paint and wheels and 1 ugly mitt for the fender wells and running boards. Rinse, double pass wash on each panel and final rinse. Done.

Then time to dry and detail depending on how much time there is for that day of detail. Never enough time! I stopped using the waffle weave towels a while ago as they took too much time and the long body just laughed at them.

I didn't find any specific advantage myself vs. the chamois no matter what the detail sites say. Water absorption, dragging, micro scratches, etc...all good points, but negligible and my results I feel are pretty damn good.

I went back to the tried and true Absorber chamois. 1 new and 1 less new one to blast through the drying process. Then microfibers from there to detail further.

Blah, blah stuff I know, but figured I'd share since @HiHoeSilver beating me up this morning and he's 1 hour behind me! o_O

Probably rain later today, but at least the wife will have the cleanest ride to the birthday party and dance choreography practice. And on the block as well!

The NBS is back under cover for a few weeks while out of town for work. But at least she is clean.

Carry on fellas.
For me, I find the imitation chamois works really well--that's when I ever do wash anything.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I find the imitation chamois works really well--that's when I ever do wash anything.

@Tonyrodz

“While your car might feel and smell clean after a good detailing, it isn't something you have to do very often. A simple wash every two weeks, a wax at least every six months and a basic interior clean-out every few months should keep your car (and investment) in top-notch shape.“

:lol2:

Jeri99

Reaction score
Hey Fosscore...what's the finish on your wheels...and where did you pick em up from?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fosscore...what's the finish on your wheels...and where did you pick em up from?

24” TBSS reps
Machine face and silver painted spokes. Clear coated.

Got them from a member rep in link below. They come from Factory Reproductions and are aftermarket.

GM only made OEM in 20” on the TBSS platform.

https://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=402

There are other members on here that also sell wheels.

Not 100% which models they sell, but worth an ask around to see.

Actually have seen 3 TBSS trucks in the last month or so. All 3 were black.

Like the baby Tahoe that would blow the doors off mine in a Chevy heartbeat!! Lol

Jeri99

Reaction score
Thank you for the link and info man...yeah those trailblazers would blow our doors off...cant wait to start working on i.proving power and drivetrain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts