For those considering lowering struts, what you need to know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sweet_N_Low

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to clear this up, I never had an alignment done because I was told "I didn't need one with just struts." This isn't my first experience with lowering, the reason I asked questions before purchasing. The tires are GONE!! The idiots at the shop tried to align it with the trashed tires and then wanted to charge me for an alignment they couldn't complete. When I told them it was their ignorance for trying to align it with those tires they back off of the charge. Now I just have to order $400 worth of tires and get an alignment as I wish I would have been advised from the beginning. Lesson learned!! Done with my rant, hope others learn from my misfortune

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you asked me if it will align I said yes. I would never say you don't need a alignment after lowering your vehicle 2 inches and I've said many times on the board the same thing. You have been lowering cars for years also I'm sure after you did spring or any suspension work you got alignments also correct?

Also once you lowered the truck and saw the camber on the front and the truck not riding good you didn't think about alignment at all or to call me??

I guess now I will put on my store section on the items alignment is needed after any suspension adjustment.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah Eric anytime a vehicle with a strut assembly is dropped it is always wise to get an alignment afterwards!!
I dropped my Tahoe with the struts in front but I only used it for a .5" drop, so an alignment was not necessary for me. For a 2" drop an alignment is a must!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard that someone who is experienced with lowering vehicles, thought it would be ok to not get an alignment. I suggest not trashing Tony.....blame yourself and the shop who installed it. I have the lowering struts and all is good with my ****.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I even align my vehicle every time when I put my stocks on. Lol.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I kinda have to agree with everyone else.. Whenever ive lowered a vehicle, I have followed it up with an alignment...GL fixing the problem though!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Shoot one good size pot hole here in new england and it's time for alignment again.

OP
OP
Sweet_N_Low

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard that someone who is experienced with lowering vehicles, thought it would be ok to not get an alignment. I suggest not trashing Tony.....blame yourself and the shop who installed it. I have the lowering struts and all is good with my ****.

Say what you think but only Tony and I will know what the conversation entailed and I think I can understand "no" when asking, "do I need to get an alignment after the struts?" Don't "blame Tony?" I give credit when credit is due and blame the same way

Last edited:

cdubbs1

Reaction score
SnL, i can understand you being upset, but being experienced with lowering, i wouldn't care what Tony say's. I guess i over do it, once i change any suspension parts i get an alignment. There is just some things you do without being told.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You say you asked that question and I said no alignment necessary while I remember you asked me will it align and I said yes. Reguardless you told me you do suspension work for a while now and you put the kit in.

Didn't you see the front end cambered like crazy?

Did you think maybe you should call me to see if that's normal because with that much camber its VERY visable?

Doing suspension work and seeing people here get alignments all the time after any suspension work nothing said to you maybe I should call around to see if this is right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n