For fun... How many miles on your Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dojrs

Reaction score
I've got about 215k on my 2005 Yukon. Bought it about 10 months ago with 205k on it. I had them replace the steering box (it was leaking) and the alternator (was whining) before I would buy it. A few months ago I had to replace the TCM... there was a remanufactured part on there... replaced it with a Dorman. The truck is very solid, runs like a dream. I bought it for distance driving and we've made two trips to Vegas with it so far (seeing the grandson, not gambling) and two to Idaho.

I'm sure there will be some repairs coming up in the next couple of years, but if I get three years out of it I'll be happy. I only paid $5k for it (plus $1k for new tires).

Right there with you, except I only paid $3500 for mine and everything is in really good shape. The biggest thing I’m trying to fix is it doesn’t like taking fuel. Already replaced the charcoal canister and the small filter off of that. I’ll get it straight when I get some down time or either just take it to the mechanic who does all of our patrol cars.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got just a touch over 117k on my 2006 xl Denali. Runs like a champ! I live in the mountains northeast of Los Angeles. But regularly take trips all over the SoCal area. Been to Vegas with it a few times with it. Up to mammoth ski area several times in it. It’s been a solid trick for the last 3 and a half years or so. Transmission replaced but that’s the only big ticket item so far. Everything else has just been typical aging maintenance items.

yukonkink03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just turned 187,000 today. So far no major issues. Had the evap check engine light and had to replace the tank pressure sensor but that was no big deal (did it myself at our company shop) Runs like a champ. Now I probably jinxed it.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
165k, owned it for a year. Good truck but has been neglected. Lots of minor issues, no major ones, yet. It's coming together, slowly. Having a daughter under 2 and another child on the way leaves little free time to sort things out. But, slowly, I'll get it sorted out.

Jasper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 108k on my Yukon. Replaced a/c compressor for $1800 and also replaced disc brakes and rotors all around, along with the brake dust covers. Runs great!!!

-DIRTBAG-

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2004 GMC Yukon XL with 189K. So far I've replaced the wheels and tires, battery, replaced misc interior pieces, added Weather Tech mud flaps, replaced a bent drive shaft, new U joints, replaced driver side hub/wheel bearing and changed the oil. I'm loving it so far, just need to get some maintenance items squared away.