For fun... How many miles on your Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H8 PVMT

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon SLT with 295,000 miles on it. I've rebuilt the transmission once around 180k. So far that is the most expensive single thing I've done. I'm battling the freakin ABS/Brake light issue and just as an annoyance the washer fluid level comes on all the time when its full. I'll fix that one day.

Mainly I'm impressed with how it's holding up as it approaches 300k.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great. 300K eh? Honestly, this sounds like a great excuse to rebuild!

Incidentally I rebuilt my heads at 170K and was blown away at the power increase I got. My valves had some awful pitting on them (can't imagine what yours look like). A bunch of lifters were also collapsed half way. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:

paulyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have just over 220,000 on my 2007 Yukon Denali. Most expensive repairs came recently when I had to replace the fuel pump, motor mounts and alternator. Knock on wood, no serious problems yet!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m almost at 97K on my 2004 Denali. So far, the most expensive bill was for tires.

OP
OP
H8 PVMT

H8 PVMT

Reaction score
That's great. 300K eh? Honestly, this sounds like a great excuse to rebuild!

Incidentally I rebuilt my heads at 170K and was blown away at the power increase I got. My valves had some awful pitting on them (can't imagine what yours look like). A bunch of lifters were also collapsed half way. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I hadn't thought about rebuilding the heads but now... hmmmm. I'm not sure how to do it but I'm sure I can figure it out.

I have just over 220,000 on my 2007 Yukon Denali. Most expensive repairs came recently when I had to replace the fuel pump, motor mounts and alternator. Knock on wood, no serious problems yet!

I've done the fuel pump twice, 1st time was a huge pain in the ass because it went out in the middle of the winter with nearly a full tank. 2nd time was much easier.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2005 Yukon XL SLT about 6 months ago. 140,000. I just changed my left passenger window regulator assy. WAY too easy & only $71 bucks for the whole assembly, w/ a life-time warranty.

Yukon was always dealer serviced from new, showing a long & scheduled service history. Other than that, putting on nice/new tires.....
It is kinda spooky...... this thing is in perfect shape & everything works like new.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
139,514 on my '01...most expensive thing was paint $1200, but that was a vanity thing.

my transmission got an HD build through a friend and had to replace my rear axle when the trans took it with it, that was $1200 total too

Last edited:

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i do not drive a yukon but I think It's basically the same thing(Tahoe) 5.3 2002 . Bought my girl direct from the Chevrolet dealer back in October of 2001 with 12 miles on her odometer ! 198,476 miles later she is still running like the american dream . Only major repair i have done is the transmission and rear differential. I went from 3.73 gears to 4.10

dojrs

Reaction score
270k and 3rd owner runs good, just need a couple of small things. Anyone interested in an 1988 Dodge Ramcharger? Got it for sale

jlp78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got about 215k on my 2005 Yukon. Bought it about 10 months ago with 205k on it. I had them replace the steering box (it was leaking) and the alternator (was whining) before I would buy it. A few months ago I had to replace the TCM... there was a remanufactured part on there... replaced it with a Dorman. The truck is very solid, runs like a dream. I bought it for distance driving and we've made two trips to Vegas with it so far (seeing the grandson, not gambling) and two to Idaho.

I'm sure there will be some repairs coming up in the next couple of years, but if I get three years out of it I'll be happy. I only paid $5k for it (plus $1k for new tires).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11