Foot-Well wiring , need help finding the correct wire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe and trying to determine what color of wire I need to tap into so the footwell lights come on with the instrument / switch back lights. All the wire diagrams i found you have to pay for, there has to be a better way to find out. What say you ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe and trying to determine what color of wire I need to tap into so the footwell lights come on with the instrument / switch back lights. All the wire diagrams i found you have to pay for, there has to be a better way to find out. What say you ?
you want them on all the time? or only when you open the door or turn on interior lights?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also there are some panels behind the parking brake and the drivers side dash. I just don't have the time at the moment to find them. They are posted in here somewhere. Search dash cam wiring posts/threads.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, looks like on page 457 under D-279 it shows the back lighting for the interior insterments and switches get power from BN/WH wire, I need to find a good place to access that wire and put a test T-Tap on it and see if it controls the light the way i need. Thanks again for the access to the wiring diagram look-up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mine tapped into the drivers foot kickpanel, the interior lighting wire can be accessed there pretty easy to do
the gmupfitter guide has some good well defined diagrams
just go there and select your year as there have been changes made around 2010

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine tapped into the drivers foot kickpanel, the interior lighting wire can be accessed there pretty easy to do
the gmupfitter guide has some good well defined diagrams
just go there and select your year as there have been changes made around 2010
Thanks, I will get on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10