Folding Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
I have two issues with my mirrors. 2011 Tahoe LT.

1. When I press the button to fold them in nothing happens. All of the other buttons on my driver door work as expected. Where should I look for other issues?

2. My passenger door mirror is loose. I was driving in high winds last week and it was moving around. Is there a bolt to tighten somewhere?

Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two issues with my mirrors. 2011 Tahoe LT.

1. When I press the button to fold them in nothing happens. All of the other buttons on my driver door work as expected. Where should I look for other issues?

2. My passenger door mirror is loose. I was driving in high winds last week and it was moving around. Is there a bolt to tighten somewhere?

Thanks!
have you rolled down the window and listened with the key on engine off when you press the fold button?
if you hear it making noise and they do not fold then the gear inside is broken, if so you can buy a new gear and replace it. just takes a few tools and a vice.
repair time is 30-60 minutes per mirror

OP
OP
2Seven

2Seven

Reaction score
have you rolled down the window and listened with the key on engine off when you press the fold button?
if you hear it making noise and they do not fold then the gear inside is broken, if so you can buy a new gear and replace it. just takes a few tools and a vice.
repair time is 30-60 minutes per mirror

I will check that out, thank you!

I'm thinking since neither fold it may be a fuse somewhere.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching this thread to see the replies on how to tighten a loose door mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas