Fogs Installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put mine up in the engine area as far as i could, without it getting too close to anything hot (or moving haha). there are a couple places to zip tie them under the extra battery compartment and same on the other side. For me thats what took the longest. It took about 30 minutes for all the bulbs but about 2 hours to find the best place for the ballasts to go. I just wanted mine to be fully secure without moving or banging around. Zip ties are the greatest!

zipties are the best! yeah I figured thats what would take the longest. you get a little bit of slack but not mush with these things. might give mine a try today. they have been sittin around forever

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zipties are the best! yeah I figured thats what would take the longest. you get a little bit of slack but not mush with these things. might give mine a try today. they have been sittin around forever

i can try and take some pictures later but its supposed to snow and sleep and crap everywhere so i may not get to it, but if i do ill post some up

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

**edit SLEET:emotions122:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can try and take some pictures later but its supposed to snow and sleep and crap everywhere so i may not get to it, but if i do ill post some up

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

**edit SLEET:emotions122:

Sweet! Thanks bud. If not no biggie, I will just have to get under there and look around a bit good day here, just snow on the ground, gonna be a messy job(no garage)

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i took a few pics of all the ballasts for those of you who are trying to find a decent place to put them. Make sure you have plenty of zip ties!

here is the driver side FOG ballast. There is a bunch of wiring down here and figured it was a good place to zip tie it (hasnt moved since)
IMG_0468.jpg

a bit further away so you can see the where-abouts. (by the ECM)
IMG_0469.jpg

here is the driver side HEADLIGHT ballast
IMG_0470.jpg

here is the passenger side FOG ballast (need to remove the intake)
IMG_0476.jpg

another
IMG_0477.jpg

and here is the passenger side HEADLIGHT ballast (with intake removed)
IMG_0478.jpg

without removed
IMG_0475.jpg

if anyone has questions ask. and please feel free if you have other or better places. These are by no mean professional but they work, and im always down for better ideas!

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics! Thanks for doin that bud! Im sure it will help alot of people

OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks :Handshake:, Ill take pics of mine soon but I also used the tape and zip ties to ultra-secure it.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job, man. For 12,000K those don't look terribly blue/purple.... Nice!

I didn't use the slim ballasts so it was a little tricky for me to decide where to mount the ballasts...

I stole the pic from Modded's lighting thread... Anyway, I mounted the ballast on the vertical post for the radiator support near the red arrow. I had a ballast saddle so I modified that a little bit and used an existing bolt (pointed up on the bottom side of the radiator support) to mount it. I put some double sided tape on the back of the ballast saddle just for added security. If you know what you're looking for they're visible but it basically looks like it could be OEM equipment.

As for the fog ballasts, I mounted them on a gusset for the frame/bumper mount connection. I did not use saddles for the ballasts on these, though. The gussets sit parallel to the ground so I cleaned them thoroughly, used double sided tape to hold the ballasts down, and then zip tied them down. There was a small gap behind the gusset at the very corner of a connection that allowed me to get the zip tie around the ballast to hold it down. All of the wiring and the ballasts are completely protected and hidden. You'd never know they were there unless you pulled off the wheel well liners or stuck your head up behind the front air dam.

Attachments

• HID Location 2.jpg
    HID Location 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
the 12k ddms look white idk maybe I got the wrong kit but honestly theres no blue at night time. IMG_0328.jpg

And same here I used the raptor kit for both lows/fogs

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks :Handshake:, Ill take pics of mine soon but I also used the tape and zip ties to ultra-secure it.

yeah i forgot to mention that i used that double sided tape/foam that came in the box (that stuff is strong) but mostly just to keep it from hitting metal, zip ties are what im counting on for them to stay, as the sticky might give after some time...

the 12k ddms look white idk maybe I got the wrong kit but honestly theres no blue at night time. IMG_0328.jpg

And same here I used the raptor kit for both lows/fogs

did you get 35 or 55 watt cause that could be a difference...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6