Fog lights switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt they'd have much in Europe.
i'm not going to be a smart ass but both are the same just the button is flipped and new part number.

the OP should get the part refurbished by a 3rd party(that knows what they are doing) I don't suggest opening it your self you can break it and it's gone forever

this is the USA version of that switch
(this lights up the bed Aux lamps on the silverado GMT800)

I had a silverado I remembered that switch
is the pin out the same?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-CHEV...AMP-SWITCH-SILVERADO-GMC-SIERRA-/381583326334

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
@BG1988

Thanks. :)
The buttons I have can as you say just be a flip over but they have different led inside but otherwise they are the same.

But the one you linking to do have a different connection, my have 5 pins in a row, the pins do sitt connected right to the circuit board so will be a big operation on a small thing. :)
Cut the original harness and connector doesn't feel so good, I really appreciate your help but I think I will try find the right part or go with the ones I have. :)

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BG1988

The buttons I have can as you say just be a flip over but they have different led inside but otherwise they are the same.

But the one you linking to do have a different connection, my have 5 pins in a row, the pins do sitt connected right to the circuit board so will be a big operation on a small thing. :)
Cut the original harness and connector doesn't feel so good, I really appreciate your help but I think I will try find the right part or go with the ones I have. :)
i suggest having a 3rd party fix it. that is the best bet

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Replacing the backlighting with bulbs or LEDs is not that difficult, as long as you get the right bulbs. You want to open up the switch when it's warm, maybe after it's been sitting in the house for a while, and being careful. I think @M123 has already had it apart, so no big deal with that.

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
@Fless
Yeah you are right I have open the front switch already. :)
They are as you say not hard at all to open. :D

Will look again what bulbs they have and post the pictures. Will be later on this week have some other projects I must deal with first. :)

wetdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi.

Have a Tahoe 2002 that's made for the European market.

Have noticed my fog light switches doesn't have any bright light for telling if it's on or not. Did open one and did look inside and it's a green diode bulb and the window it's going to shine through are tinted and frosted so almost no light comes out.
How about a different approach?
You know that the Diodes light, why not thin or remove the tinted window? if you cut through it, and it's too bright, you can come back with a replacment cellophane piece of a color and translucency of your choice.
Just my $0,02

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
@wetdawg
I will absolutely look in to your suggestion, did actually have this in mind but didn't want to ruin the switch if it's so rare to find. But if I don't find any new I for sure will look if I can pile of a layer or so. :)
Thanks for the contribution. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo