Fog Light Troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FMR5000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance/suggestions:

I can't seem to get my fog lights to turn on. I'm using psx26w lassfit LEDs and I'm getting nothing.

I've triple checked all connections and the fuse, all seems good.

Could both LEDs be bad? I'm going to Advance auto today to purchase and test basic psx26w halogen. If they don't work I don't know what to do.

I did just have some body work done due to a minor accident. Replaced driver side fender, replaced driver headlight and repaired bumper. Maybe the auto body didn't reconnect something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have a electrical meter you can check for voltage at the harness connector's, does the fog light indicator light up when you press the button?

OP
OP
F

FMR5000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you have a electrical meter you can check for voltage at the harness connector's, does the fog light indicator light up when you press the button?

Yeah it does light up. I'll check voltage too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does light up. I'll check voltage too.
if you have voltage at the harness then check the polarity of the led's, almost all led's have positive and negative wiring, if the polarity is wrong that could be why they are not lighting up.

OP
OP
F

FMR5000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you have voltage at the harness then check the polarity of the led's, almost all led's have positive and negative wiring, if the polarity is wrong that could be why they are not lighting up.

That was it. I checked voltage...it was there. I can't believe I had them plugged in upside down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10