FOG light help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so.... were to start lol

I noticed that my fog lights dont work.. was thinking 1 of 2 things.

Bulbs are in need of replacement... old owner claims to put new ones in...
Switch is shot...

Now, I dont know with these trucks but i know some GM's that when you turn the fog lights on, you will get a light in the dash letting you know that they are infact on...Is this true with these trucks??

I have HID's that i am wanting to put in, but i dont want to get to excited to find out that something isnt working right

Any input would be great thanks!

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fogs should only work when the headlights (lows, not the highs or the day light running lights) are on. Try turning the headlights on manually and then push the fog light button, the little light on the switch should turn on as well as the actual lights!

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried that with turning them on manually... they wont turn off... and they will stay on when i turn the truck on

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
The fogs should only work when the headlights (lows, not the highs or the day light running lights) are on. Try turning the headlights on manually and then push the fog light button, the little light on the switch should turn on as well as the actual lights!

I don't know if it's the difference in the year or what, but I can turn my fogs on with the switch independently at any time I want. The other lights don't have to be on. There's a little light built into the button that lights up when they are on.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out to make sure if I was right about my truck and in fact my fogs only work when the lows are on, they turn off as soon as the DRL's or my highs are on!!

Noto81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 03 Kon you can turn on the fogs at any time which turns on the park lights if the headlights(low or high) are NOT on. The DRL's stay on when I do this. If the lows are turned on automatically or by the switch then the DRL's turn off and the fogs can be turned on or off. The fogs will turn off when the high beams are on but should be turn back on when its switched to lows.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
In my 03 Kon you can turn on the fogs at any time which turns on the park lights if the headlights(low or high) are NOT on. The DRL's stay on when I do this. If the lows are turned on automatically or by the switch then the DRL's turn off and the fogs can be turned on or off. The fogs will turn off when the high beams are on but should be turn back on when its switched to lows.

Sounds like it may be a difference between '02 and '03, then. Mine's an '03 as well.

Just ran out and verified. It's does exactly what's described above. Except mine stay on with brights. 6-high mod FTW. ;)

Last edited:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get under there and make sure they are still plugged in. I bash mine out almost every winter up here on the drifts and have to crawl under and hook em up. Lost both one year lol

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i was putting in my hids. and had to to turn the truck on, then turn my headlights (low beam) for the fogs to turn (my truck 02) how ever im not even getting any little green light on (on the switch or in the dash) indicating that the fogs are on. This why it brings me back to my other question... If I am not seeing no light on is there a chance that switch is shot? or maybe that big black fuse is gone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse